Removing light & switch...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an old light & switch in my downstairs toilet which we no longer need. The light is on a circuit so I'm planning on:

Separately crimping and heat shrinking the wires where the light is, removing the wires for the switch and then covering. Is that the best method or more importantly the correct method?

Look forward to hearing any feedback,
thanks
t

Sponsored Links
Can you not leave a ceiling rose on the ceiling without the flex drop to the lamp holder?

Not really as the old toilet is due to become part of our kitchen hence the reason there coming down. the ceiling rose would be slap bang in the middle of the ceiling and I just know what the other half would say to that... :confused:

You could use a 20 amp maintenance free junction box.

Or you could replace the two cables for one new cable, so there's no hidden joints.

Sponsored Links
One suggestion - have you thought of using it as a backup light, if fed from a different RCD?
If one light goes out due to an RCD trip, the other will still be lit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back