Removing Old Dimplex Electric heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I know that this may sound a silly question, but anyone knows how to remove a old Dimplex radiator? When I tried to take it off the wall it was extremely heavy, on top of that the electric plug, is it enough just to remove the wires? Anyone has a video that can show me how?
Thanks a million.

Sponsored Links
Many old storage heaters contained some asbestos, theres a list on net somewhere of which ones did/didnt by model number

Hi all, thanks for your reply. Yes it's a storage heater...I got a big one in the living room and two small in the bedrooms, but still small storage heaters.
Any idea how to remove it? Is it simple replacing it? Thanks a million, Luca

Sponsored Links
First you must take note of what Adam said and find out if they have asbestos in them.

If it's a storage heater, the first thing to do is NOT undo it from the wall. Take the front off (look for screws at the bottom), then take off the inner panel. Now you can remove the bricks, which are the weighty bit. Once the bricks are out you can take the casing off the wall and it won't be heavy any more.

PJ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back