Replacement Built-in Double Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone offer me some advice please. I don't intend doing anything myself but would like to understand what will be required before I get someone to have a look.

One of the cavities in the oven has packed in and as it's over 10 years old it's time for a replacement.

The one I'm looking at is a Neff U14M42N3GB and has total connected load 5.7Kw

The current set up is 32amp MCB, 6mm flat T&E, isolation switch above worktop, outlet below and a flex cable to hob and to oven.

The hob (which is not to be replaced) is 6.4Kw and the existing oven is 4.3Kw. I've never had a problem with anything, even at Christmas with everthing going full blast.

Will anything need upgrading or will the present set up be ok with the new oven being connected in place of the old one, considering the extra 1.4Kw load.

Sponsored Links
will the present set up be ok with the new oven being connected in place of the old one, considering the extra 1.4Kw load.
Yes, it will be fine.

The installer should test the circuit to ensure it is still safe.

I was rather surprised to see my stand alone unit asks for a 32A supply yet it is rated at 10466 - 12455 W which is 47.6 to 51.9 amp. The variation is due to voltage range 220 - 240 volt.

It has never tripped the MCB and I think to have any cooker working flat out is near impossible as we would not switch on all items together and once up to temperature they cycle on and off.

I had looked at the hob output of 2 x 1.85 kW, 1.4 kW and a 2.3 kW with an option where two areas only are used 2 x 3 kW, 2.2 kW and 3.7 kW thinking this was a massive load. But in reality when you come to use it because all heat goes into pan unlike gas the heat areas never run flat out for more than 4 minutes.

Things like the auto heat up time mean the old idea of pans boiling away unattended has gone. So although at first glance it would seem to use more power in reality it uses a lot less. I am talking about a induction hob of course.

Both myself and my mother got induction hobs at same time and I would warn against any touch controls with induction hobs, as touch controls are too slow to use. With knobs no need to lift pan off heat you can turn it off just as quick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back