Replacing Wire from House to Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

A lorry hit a wire going from the house to the garage a few months back when we had an extention done. Please see attached picture. I don't think the wire is damaged and the one that supports it was already down.

Can anyone tell me what kind of electrical cable I should buy to replace it with and what junction boxes I should use on each side to connect the new wire up to the existing ones?

It's a simple job I just want to make sure I have the right bits.

JIMtm.jpg

Sponsored Links
Wonderful. Thanks folks!! :) Ideally I would dig a trench and lay an armoured cable but thats going to be expensive!

I'll go ahead and order that stuff.

Sponsored Links
The garage has about 4 double sockets a few lights and two exterior lights. Is 1.5mm 3 core cable suitable? The sockets will never all be used at once.

Or at least go down to the builers merchant and get some civils ducting and put that in, and then the cable can be renewed at later date if ever required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back