shock from laptop while in the bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just been in the bath and been getting shocks from the case of my laptop onto my wrist, didnt happen to my fingers though, just got out now, unplugged it tried touching it and no shock...

Sponsored Links
Use the electric razor in the bath and drop it.
Then come back and tell us if that tingled?

I also take no responsibility for the results of the above mentioned actions.

Sponsored Links
very funny guys, i always have done and never experienced it before, i know a bit about electrics.......just wanted some thoughts as to why its happening

Got to be a wind up! No one would be daft enough to use any item plugged into mains while in the bath. Would they?
Shows isolation transformer, but I have found many items which one would expect to show the symbol in fact don't show it. Including many laptop power supplies and phone chargers.

SuperStock_1829-39376.jpg

not sure Eric :LOL:

cause it aint a wind up, its low voltage and shouldnt be giving shocks in any event should it?

Do you know the bit about it being dangerous, oh and have you seen what happens to a laptop battery if it gets shorted out. I would not like to be sharing a bath with it that is all I can say :D
Martin

its sat on the linen basket outside bath so wouldn't have dropped, wasnt suspended above it, that would be daft yes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back