shower Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

First things first, I intend getting an electrician in to connect cable to consumer unit which is 100a but would appreciate your thoughts on me doing all of the donkey work first, any corrections or criticisms truly appreciated.

8.5kw shower, above bath, back of airing cupboard.

10mm cable from shower into airing cupboard running in mini trunking for 1.5 metres then into loft space.

Can I cable clip to joist or trunk for further 2 metres, not near insulation or metallic objects.

Drop down into 45 amp double pole isolation switch, ceiling mounted, carry on up through loft for a further 2 metres, then drop through ceiling down into mini trunking for 7 metres, through wooden floor board (now into consumer unit cupboard) to a 63 Amp 30ma RCD, then to a 40 amp separate MCB.

Thoughts?

Regards all

Sponsored Links
The work is notifiable so if you want an electrician to certify the installation you will be better off talking to one when actually looking at the site.

First things first, I intend getting an electrician in to connect cable to consumer unit which is 100a but would appreciate your thoughts on me doing all of the donkey work first, any corrections or criticisms truly appreciated.
I stopped reading there, because I can't legitimately make any corrections or criticisms, and neither can anybody else here.

The ONLY person on the planet who can legitimately comment on what you plan to do is the electrician who you plan to get in and take over from where you think (probably mistakenly) is the point where you have to stop and present him with what you have done so far, but which is in realitiy (probably) way past the point where you had to stop and ask him.

Sponsored Links
Hi All

Thanks for the replies

I will definitely speak to a sparky and get advice.

I simply like most people on this site research in depth before committing to a task and obviously seeking help and advice from the true professionals, the work will be certified having spoken to my local building regs department.

Once again thanks for the replies it is very much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back