Shower stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

This morning our shower didn't work when we switched it on. I've checked the fuse and replaced it with a new one and that's fine.

Take a look at the photos below. The shower is totally embedded in to the wall with tiles on top. So I'm not sure if there's any thing I can try myself or who to call.

If I call an electrician will they be able to get at what they need to, or will it involve getting all the tiles off the wall first?

The plug for the shower comes out of the wall in the next room and plugs in to the wall. This was how I could change the fuse.

Many thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
You don't say what type of shower it is.
Is it an electrically pumped shower?
A shower that works directly from the hot water tank.
A shower that works directly from the combi gas boiler.

I will assume for the moment that it is an electrically pumped shower.
While you have changed the fuse, I assume this is from a fused connection unit close to the pump and not the Consumer Unit.
What type of fuse/MCB do you have at the Consumer Unit? And are you sure that this or the RCD hasn't tripped?

Do you have a multi-meter or at worst a volt stick?

It's definitely an electrically pumped shower.

Regarding these bits:

| What type of fuse/MCB do you have at the Consumer Unit?

Not sure what this means but can't access the pump since it's under the bath which is all tiled in.

| And are you sure that this or the RCD hasn't tripped?

Not sure what this means either. But the plug socket that it gets power from is working fine.

I guess I need a plumber? Does anybody have any recommendations? I'm in East London / Hackney.

Thanks for all your help.

Sponsored Links
Yes, its a mistake to make the pump inaccessible, but it can be replaced with a different type of removable panel. To replace a pump is quite easy, just make sure you get the same specification, assuming the water supplies are easy to isolate...

Edit: so previously you could hear the pump running, but now you can't?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back