smoke alarms tripping rcbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another one fellas,,,,rcbo tripping covering 2 mokes and a heat, IR tests all ok, no continuity between other neutral bars or earth, it did reset, was just about to leave and turned on a light and it tripped.......also tripped when removing neutral from bar,,,,,any thoughts,,,,,worked fine on either rcd side

Sponsored Links
I think you ought to get an electrician to have a look at it for you.

Another one fellas,,,,rcbo tripping covering 2 mokes and a heat, IR tests all ok
Smoke alarms now destroyed by 500V+ being shoved through them.

no continuity between other neutral bars or earth,
was just about to leave and turned on a light and it tripped
So very obvious what the problem is.

also tripped when removing neutral from bar
Removing the power first would be more usual.

worked fine on either rcd side
RCBO connected to an RCD? Shirley Knott.

any thoughts
Plenty, but writing them here would result in me being banned from the forum.

Sponsored Links
Are the three detectors on their own circuit, or does it share a lighting circuit?

Are you sure everything is wired correctly, including at the detectors?

Have you got an RCBO fitted on part of the board already protected by an RCCB (RCD)?

What do you mean it worked fine on either RCD? Do you mean you have a high integrity board, and when the RCBO is fitted on the unprotected side it seems ok?

Send photos of everything.

Are the three detectors on their own circuit, or does it share a lighting circuit?

Have you got an RCBO fitted on part of the board already protected by an RCCB (RCD)?

Sparkwright you're making a BIG assumption here that this idiot (who takes baths with his laptop) can operate a camera ;) .

Sparkwright you're making a BIG assumption here that this idiot (who takes baths with his laptop) can operate a camera ;) .

I know, but he may be some young chap still learning stuff. There aren't that many sensible people around anyway.

I think his pictures should tell us a fair bit about this bloke. He may just be a bit naive or something. He may of course be a total nutter, but I expect all will become clear.

it's a 15 way wylex rcbo sits on its own, all smokes were removed when ir testing thanks, i moved the circuit to both rcd sides to see if rcbo was being sensitive, ramp tested at 26, checked all connections, i'm not that hot on rcbo's i'll admit but i do test daily and don't normally encounetr things i cant sort out

and guys, please, the laptop jokes getting boring, i have done it for years and never experienced a problem, wont be doing it again though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back