Wiring a light switch with 3 core wire from a plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all new here

I have run a extension to my shed using a plug and some 3 core wire to run a freezer I have out there. I need to put a light in there as well so at the min it's a case of a light fitting with another plug on the end which has to be plugged in, I'm wanting to fit a light switch so how would I go about this with the 3 core wire

Thankyou in advance for any help
Steve[/b]

Sponsored Links
Sorry to burst your bubble,BUT! this is a notifiable job, you need to notify your local building control and pay the fee. It would be a lot cheaper(and legal) to get a local sparks in.

It's for my caravan I have a holiday caravan which is on a private caravan park, running a power cable from my van to the shed in my garden do I still need to notify anyone.

Different rules apply to caravan parks, if is approved by the site owner i don't see much of a problem. It should however be protected by an RCD, i presume your main supply is?

Sponsored Links
Different rules apply to caravan parks, if is approved by the site owner i don't see much of a problem. It should however be protected by an RCD, i presume your main supply is?

Thanks everyone
It is running from my caravan to my shed and it is protected by a rcd. So could someone tell me how to wire my light in using 3 core wire a plug and a light switch
Thankyou
Steve

How is the caravan wired?
And then you want to run a fridge and a light from there?

I have run a extension to my shed using a plug and some 3 core wire to run a freezer
What length?

Did you consider volt drop? Disconnection times?

What type of cable? Is it just draped over the ground?

What mechanical protection does it have?

Given that you don't understand truly basic stuff, like what a circuit is, what line, neutral and earth are, what a switch does, etc, I have no confidence in your ability to do safe work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back