Wiring a Wickes thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Help in wiring a simple Wickes thermostat please!

I am installing a tubular heater in my shed simply to take the chill off whilst working there.

I know the wiring instructions are included but alas I cannot make heads or tail of them!

I have installed both heater and thermostat but the heater comes on at a warm temperature and goes off at a cold temperature!!

So where have I gone wrong?

Help!!

Regards

Alan

Sponsored Links
You have wired it as make on temp. rise. You need to wire it as per the instructions for break on temp. rise.

For information a tubular heater will not provide a great deal of heat seeing as they are only a few hundred watts at most and the insulation in a shed is next to zero.

You have wired it as make on temp. rise. You need to wire it as per the instructions for break on temp. rise.

For information a tubular heater will not provide a great deal of heat seeing as they are only a few hundred watts at most and the insulation in a shed is next to zero.

Thanks for your response. However thats the problem how do I wire it correctly? To me the instruction are a little misleading to an old fogey!!

Sponsored Links
Hiya,

Many thanks for your help.

I have posted a photo of the instructions but I am a little unfamiliar of how to attach it to this message.

All I need to know is where two wires go in and where 2 wires come out!!

If you can't find it I could always send it to your email address.

Many thanks

Alan

184000_183316_42785_96309525.jpg

Hi there!

Many thanks indeed for your response to my problem.

I was a little confused 'cos I had simply wired the thermostst up as previous one.

Imagine my surprise when it switched on when hot and off when the temp fell !!!

I shall give it a go, hopefully this weekend.

Once again, many thanks,

Alan Radford

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back