Bathroom edging for the bath side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hoping for some help here. I have had to replace the bath side recently as we realised that the builders had used an off white side when the bath is white (its only taken us a few years to realise this!). I have replaced this and it looks fine, however the original bath side was either slightly bulkier or fixed in place at a slight angle as there is now a gap between the vinyl and bath side. I think it is too wide to cover up with a sealant/silicone alone.

I would rather not have the bath side at the incorrect angle, and would prefer not to replace the vinyl. I am thinking of using some form of beading to cover the gap but am not sure which type to use. When looking I am just coming across wooden beading that is used for laminate. Could anyone offer any suggestions? The gap is about a finger width in size.

i have attached photos to show what kind of gap I have. Just so you know I am aware I have not cleaned off the vinyl edges yet.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response. I presume this would lay flat on the floor and butt up against the bath side. I was thinking of an angled profile similar to what you use with laminate flooring - but it always seems to be wood only and I presume that would be a bad idea in the long run.

Sponsored Links
Fantastic. It looks like a quadrant is what I am after. I will have to measure the gap and have a look. Thanks...I thought there would be something out there but could not even think what to search for online other than beading.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back