Cutting wooden flooring in situ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two questions:
I am removing (with difficulty) the parquet flooring in lounge but leaving it in the hallway, am trying to work out how to cut the 28mm floor in a neat line at the threshold :?:
The parquet is proving to be a right sod to get up as it's bonded to the concrete with modern adhesive which is quite flexible :(
Suggestions from the learned members please :)

Seems that the word for a lump of grass or earth is on the swear filter [/i]

Sponsored Links
perhaps if your confidant,you might be able to use a skil saw.
or can you not take up sections well enough to recut and refix as required.

screw a baton on the cut line waste side and use a oscillating saw like the bosch e180 cut to 26mm full width then cut full depth

Sponsored Links
screw a baton on the cut line waste side and use a oscillating saw like the bosch e180 cut to 26mm full width then cut full depth

Yes, I think that might be the best option, I'll have a look at getting an oscillating saw, looks like a useful bit of kit :cool:

It's taking about 5 minutes per parquet block to remove at the moment :eek: even with my SDS & flat blade. I'm wondering if a big breaker
with wide blade might do it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back