Joining DPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting in a concrete/insulation/screed floor on a prepared sub-base and the bricklayers have already lapped a 600mm strip of DPM in with the DPC at what will be finished floor level. I've blinded the sub-floor with sand, and I'm nearly ready to have concrete poured over the DPM.

Question: I can cover the whole floor with two pieces of DPM, but I don't know whether to put them over the existing strips, or under them. I can overlap almost the complete 600mm and then tape the joins. Does it matter which way I do it?

I found some posts here about what sort of tape to use, but they were several years old. What type of tape is currently favoured?

Sponsored Links
The dpm should go under the dpc and dressed up the wall at least 250 mm. No need to tape joints together, just overlap by 500 mm, weight of concrete will keep the joint closed...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
Oops sorry should have read 150 mm i.e. 6"...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back