KINGSPAN IN RAFTERS DO I NOW PUT IN MEMBRANE?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the middle of doing my loft, I have now put Kingspan in between all the rafters, before I get the plasterer to put plasterboards on and skim, do I firstly have to now put some form of membrane over the Kingspan which in turn will be between the Kingspan and the plaster boards?
:cry: :oops: :cry: :oops:

Sponsored Links
If you used foil backed insulation you can just seal the gaps with foil tape, this will create your vapour barrier. If not foil backed insulation you can just fit foil backed plasterboard which will form your vapour barrier (it doesn't really matter that there'll be theoretical gaps at the joints). This is the cheapest/easiest way of achieving a vapour barrier.

Surprised you've not fitted a continuous layer of insulation beneath the rafters though in addition to the insulation between the rafters (or maybe you have).

Hi and thank you for the reply. Forgive my ignorance but I don't understand when you say a continuous layer beneath the rafters, do you mean deep into the eaves, ie the bit we won't be using. Also we don't have any gaps to seal as we have managed a continuous run of Kingspan as they are huge sheets, so one long piece between the rafters, is this right?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back