Laminate moving/sliding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just fit some laminate 2.7 x 2.7 m square onto cloud 9 cush n wood underlay, this is onto a solid concrete floor. It is fit between existing scurtain boards.

I have left a neat 6mm expansion gap all around the room and havent yet fit the scotia/beading. I have noticed after a week that the whole floor has moved on top of the underlay. How do I stop this moving but maintain the expansion gap? At the moment I have some dense bits of foam rubber cut at short lenghts placed at various intervals all around the gap.

I'm also about to fit the same size to a weyrock floor upstairs but this time I'll be fitting the scurtain afterwards so wont be able to add the foam rubber around the edge.

Sponsored Links
What is the thickness are these laminate boards? I was just thinking that if it's a thin board and because it's not a huge area, it's own weight is not heavy enough to hold it down and is moving everytime you walk on it.

Which room was this laminate laid in? Do you have any furniture in it? If so, the furniture should weigh it down a bit and hopefully the scotia trim should cover any movement.

No furniture in at the moment so suppose that doesnt help a lot, but I thought, some people have it in a hallway which has no furniture.

The laminat in one half of a living room/dining area so 3 sides will be scotia and the 4th will be covered by a Z bar to carpet.the boards are 8mm v groove.

Sponsored Links
i wouldn't worry once you fix on the edging[skirting or quad] it wont matter if it moves it will simply stop when it hits the wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back