Thermoplastic tiles removed - DPC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of putting laminate flooring in the kitchen. I have previously installed it in my living room with no problem, however, when I came to remove the Flotex flooring in the kitchen half of the tiles underneath came up with it!

They are 9inch square and I believe they might be Marley Thermoplastic? House built 1968. They are very hard and very brittle. They snap almost immediately when your try to bend them. Do they contain asbestos? (I treated them as if they did)

Anyway, I read somewhere that this might be the DPC for the concrete floor.
Can I lay Wickes High Performance Underlay ( http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/191372 ) straight onto the concrete and then the laminate or do I need to put some kind of DPC down first?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I know the asbestos-vinyl ones do but I think these are thermoplastic ones.

I read the guide and there is no way you could have removed these type without breaking them up a little. They are VERY brittle.

Also, there was no visible dust when removing them, even if they broke.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back