Building a fence using existing concrete posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

It's taken me about 18 months to gather up the courage to attempt some more DIY since moving home. What I would like to do is put a wooden fence (probably 6' high) between my house and next door where currently there is a criss cross wire fence and some spiky trees next door. in an ideal world, I would hope to attach the fence panels to the existing concrete posts but they are not the type with built in slots to slide fence panels into.

I've attached a couple of pictures, there is currently a garage with about 12" between it and some of where I would want the fence to go so I imagine that would make things a bit more tricky but I would hope still possible. anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to go about achieving this? there are currently a few old pieces of wood in one section so I don't know if there has already been a wooden fence there but if there was, there is very little of it left.

as ever, any and all advice is gratefully received.

rob

Sponsored Links
I would say that those posts have done their bit, Rob.....and they look pretty short as well as being out of plumb.
How would you feel about concreting new posts in - the slotted type?
John :)

thanks john. to be honest, I was thinking that might be the best thing to do. as you say, the current posts are smaller than I would want the fence to be anyway and I guess I could probably use the same holes to put the replacement posts in, assuming they are an appropriate distance apart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back