Covering child's swing seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
We bought a garden swing for my son, which has a plastic seat similar to this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-Blo...1409559474&sr=8-5&keywords=plastic+swing+seat

It's fine, but he slips off the seat pretty easily and is therefore less inclined to use the swing.
A replacement seat made of hard rubber looks to cost about about £25 - £30 plus p&p.
I was thinking perhaps as a temporary measure I could get some sort of adhesive rubber sheeting and cut it to size to cover the existing plastic seat.
I was looking at something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5mm-thick...198?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a27cc6976

But I'm thinking I may have problems with it coming away at the edges, the fact that the surface the rubber would adhere to will not be flat, the fact that the length of that piece is probably insufficient to wrap all the way round the seat.

So I'm just wondering if there's another alternative? Something I can "paint on" perhaps, something that's weatherproof and won't perish or wear off, won't leave marks on the kid's clothes, and not too expensive.

Cheers.[/url]

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I think you're just better off finding a replacement seat. and if you're gonna do it anyway, why wait .....

Get an outdoor tie-on cushion pad. Less than a fiver on ebay.

Sponsored Links
30 quid and it is guaranteed safe and is a like for like replacement taking 5 minutes.

Or pay a few quid less and you risk it not lasting, being unsafe or not fit for purpose.

Personally I'd just buy the new seat or convince the child to use the existing one!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back