Edging grass with tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have dug a trench around my grass and shaped it so that I can line the edge with tiles. I have found some nice limestone based tiles and would like to install them around the edge to the same level so that when mowing I can mow right to the edge, however I don't want to go to the expense of compactor machines, therefore I am wondering if anyone has any advice as to how best to fix these tiles?

I did think about buying some long concrete beams which I could lay and then cement the tiles to, the benefit being that the tiles would then be absolutely level (and I can level the grass to it).

The intention is that on the other side of the tiles, I'll lay anti-weed sheeting and then fill with cotswold stone to form a path.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
why not just run a line of concrete the width of the tile along the edge and bed the tiles onto that?

I did consider running a line of concrete but think that the concrete would have to be very deep to avoid it simply cracking, hence my idea about the long concrete posts.

Any ideas for alternatives to edge the lawn to make them lawnmower friendly?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back