Fence Panel height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am rotovating my garden this weekend, and levelling the ground.

I have fences along the right of the house and across part of the back (a garage is across the rest of the back)

I want to get the garden as level as I can, and need to go off the existing decking. The fences across the right side are fine as they are the same height as the decking, but across the back the panels, there are 3, are 4” - 6” lower, which is probably why the garden slopes slightly across the rear. I would like to level this, but that will mean butting up to the fence panel, which I obviously don’t want to be doing. Can I raise the panels so they are at the same height as the others. (from the right side of the garage to the left there is 1 coarse difference in the height of the top of the panels)

That is what I would like to do, but the problem I see is that one neighbour has a shed backing upto one of them and I can’t get to the nails on his side to claw them out. Not sure what to do here, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Bob
:D

Sponsored Links
As long as you have enough on the posts to secure it properly it'll be fine. Herts is right about the height but in reality it only matters if someone complained. Getting them off in one piece may be hard the best tool is a reciprocating saw with metal blade and you can jam it in the gap and cut the nails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back