Fencing/Screening? Ideas anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Has anyone got any ideas for cheap, effective screening that could be done "DIY"?
I've seen the rolls of bamboo/twigs etc but apart from being expensive I heard they don't last that well anyway?
I need to screen off about 50m length, and there is already a stock/post and wire type fence along this length to 1.3m high which I put up.
My neighbours seem determined to ruin the view from our house and it's like the Dingles farm next door, Noah couldn't fit the neglected "pets" they have("aquisitions" more like) on to his Ark. So I've decided to just screen them off hopefully with something up to 1.8/2m.
We have planted some trees/shrubs/bushes along the length, but apart from the time these will take to grow in our very unfertile soil(glacial till-sand and boulders) the horse they have just put in the lower part will probably eat most of them stretching the fence in the process as there is nothing else for it to eat on their side...

I've used double thickness "debris netting" on one part of our fence on the other side(to stop the neighbour on that sides stupid Lab from putting his face through the fence(100mmsq stock netting) and eating the beech hedge plants we are trying to grow there....

F**king neighbours. Had more respect from the ones I had when I lived in a city centre flat....

So- any good ideas for something tasteful and effective?(Berlin Wall!?)

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I'd be tempted to make the neighbour's side particularly gawdy to look at

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back