Honda hrb 535 lawn mower blade doesn't engage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a Honda hrb 535 lawnmower that fails to engage the blade.The cable looks fine so i thought it may be a problem with the clutch.I've removed the blade but the bolt that keeps the clutch in place just turns but doesn't come out,so i can't check the clutch.Any suggestions.john

Sponsored Links
Does this machine have the yellow trigger that you press in to engage the blade drive, John?
Either way, the central nut beneath the blade (10mm diameter and around 25mm long if I recall) needs to come out as it screws directly into the crankshaft...... but I'm racking the memory cell here!
John :)

search honda blade brake clutch on youtube and you'll find an instructional vid. they are quite tricky to pull apart if you havnt seen it done. give everything a spray with WD in the meantime and be prepared to find stubborn bolts holding it all together!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back