Ivy pruning tool?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Best tool for cropping Claiming Ivy.
Just need to cut away from the windows.
Is it secateurs, lopper or something else.

Sponsored Links
A sharp marshalltown. Providing its this years growth. Anything harder than that felcos.

My trowel staying away from it!
It's well over grown, I'll post a picture of it later.
Covers half the house over one bedroom window and the porch has disappeared.
Not my property may I add.
Cut away with small jack saw and ripped most of the stuff around the windows off this morning, just not sure what type of tool the gardening people would recommend or the people with experience of removing ivy.
The last one I did, I hacked the lot down from the roots upwards.

Cut it from the growth that comes out of the ground and kill it. Then wait until it has died and remove from front of property, this can take up to 2 years. As the ivy will have spoors that will 'eat' into your brick work and pull out all of the mortar.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Cut it from the growth that comes out of the ground and kill it. Then wait until it has died and remove from front of property, this can take up to 2 years. As the ivy will have spoors that will 'eat' into your brick work and pull out all of the mortar.

Andy
That's what I would do and did at a property of mine.
The owner of the property did not wish to wait two years, until daylight came through the windows for their tenants to enjoy.
I did quote for full removal! But they did not want pay for it :eek:
Ended up just clearing the windows and the neighbours brick vents!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back