Lots of fencing, not a lot of money....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the not too distant future, I intend to buy a field behind my house.
Fencing it off is going to require about 55 metres of fencing.

The current fencing in the area is a wooden vertical support, three horizontal supports connecting the verticals and then an alternating inside/outside pattern of verticals attached to the horizontals to provide privacy

At the usualy quoted rates of £30-£60 per metre, 55m is an expensive ask.
Is that just the normal pricing for all fencing, or is that for the concrete post, concrete footboard and wooden fence panel type fencing?

My only other thought I had was to put in a low fence, and grow some hedges on my side of it

Any thoughts on what could be a cheap option to keep little dogs in and little thugs out?

Sponsored Links
Not sure what the prices are but maybe chicken wire and some ivy could solve your problem.

Sounds about right to me.

How can you afford a field and not some fencing?

How about hiring a hole driller and a cement mixer and DIY. Most of the costs are labour anyway.

Sponsored Links
Keep in Chiuahuahs and Chickens, keep out the local teenagers.

Stock fencing is a good idea actualy, there is quite a bit nearby, wont keep a fox out, but what will?

DIY is an idea of course, but I was under the impression fencing was fairly difficult

Keep in Chiuahuahs and Chickens,

Stock fencing is a good idea actualy, there is quite a bit nearby, wont keep a fox out, but what will?
A chiuahuah in a rottweiller suit?
sorry just had to, but actually they're vicious little s.o.b. anyway?

Just so you're aware.. Hens can fly over a standard 1M stock fence, and fit through standard stock fence netting.

Dogs can chew through chicken wire.. so you'd need to double up on it (and also sink it into the ground)

Pyracantha plant that eventually it'll keep teenagers out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back