Low front plant as a screen ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am looking to pull out the plants that are lining the front of our front garden and want to replace them with something els that does the job.

I am looking for something that will be about 2 foot high and run along the front of the front garden as a barrier between the grass and the footpath.

Any ideas and pics.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A few more details would be helpful. Sunny full shade? Dry Wet?

Sorry yes

It is at the front of the house, the rear of the hous gets 90 percent of the sunshine as proved by at christmas we got solar garden lights that would not charge up, its not dark but doesn't really get a lot of direct sun.

On the tarmac path that runs path the houses, has what I think is green moss growing.

Does that help

yes, for a low hedge lonicera ntida or common laurel or portugal laurel all deal well with shade. Laurel is good as it only needs cut once a year and is less formal whereas the nitida will grow faster and need cut twice but will become very dense.

Sponsored Links
Or old-fashioned Privet. Or Box. You get several varieties of these of varying vigour (ie how often you need to trim them) and you can grow a hedge anywhere between 1 and 6 feet if you select the variety appropriately. Both do fine even in quite shady areas even the variegated ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back