Screw a heavy wooden "fence panel" to concrete pos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just used some existing decking boards as a fence panel and just need to know what screws and plugs to use, please?

Should I screw to pieces of wood on first and then the panel to the wood, please?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
is it a slotted post? Is there one each end of your "panel?"

The panel I've made is too large to slot down the existing grooves. It is only a width of 25/30 inches.

have you considered cutting the wood so it will fit, or is there something I've missed :confused:

Sponsored Links
My fence has block pillars instead of posts and so I've screwed battens to the blocks and then screwed the panels to that just using standard long wood screws. I would have thought you'll want to do something similar, although what you've made sounds pretty heavy to me. Is it? That might be a problem whatever you do.

you have reinforcing rods in the posts you are unlikly to have much success and possibly a few damaged posts

something like timber in the slots metal banding around the posts and screw through that

I'd be inclined to rebate it as mentioned above or fix some timber that will slot into the grooves to the ends of the panel - presumably you would have to cut the panel down to accommodate the added timber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back