Seized screw

D

Deleted2797112

Trying to remove an old hanging basket bracket from my side of my neighbour's fence (not guilty - it was there when I moved in, I wouldn't put anything on someone else's fence!) to make way for some fruit tree cordons. Lower screw came out easily but top one is seized solid. I've tried every screwdriver and bit combination I've got but can't budge it. The head isn't totally mashed but if I keep trying it's heading that way. I'm not fussed about saving the bracket but I don't want to damage the fence post so what's the best way to get it off - drill out the screw head, try to grind the bracket off without cutting the post or something else? I'll post a pic later when (hopefully) it's stopped blowing a very wet hooley.

Sponsored Links
Just lose the screw head somehow.....if its countersunk, then drill it off. If its raised, an angle grinder will soon see it gone!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks! Finally got round to doing this today. Went at the screw head with a drill - wasn't too easy, maybe my drill is a bit on the wimpy side - but mashed the head enough to get a bit of play into the bracket and levered the screw out with no damage to the post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back