Shed walls leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a problem with my shed walls leaking, unfortunately due to the position of the shed I am unable to get to the outside of them so was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to resolve this problem from the inside. The main reason for fixing this is that the water is getting into the shed and blowing the electrics. Please help :)

Sponsored Links
Sure it's the walls which are leaking?

Assuming it's shiplap, if so much water is getting through the walls that it's affecting the electrics then the shed is probably overdue for replacement.

Yep definitely sure it's the walls that are leaking as there are a couple of gaps between the timber panels. Unfortunately I cannot afford a new one at the moment so just need to repair until next year when I can afford to replace.

I had this problem recently, in a shed with profiled timber cladding which had warped so that there were some gaps where they were supposed to overlap. I solved it with an applicator gun and a cartridge of brown frame sealant. In a couple of instances I had to let it set and then build up an extra layer on top, but it did the job and has lasted for four months so far!

Sponsored Links
do you have a 25 mm gap[1"] how long is the shed??
assuming its around 5ft6" high at the edges and about 8ft long
a sheet off 11mm osb leaning against the wall outside will last about 4 or 5 years

I had this problem recently, in a shed with profiled timber cladding which had warped so that there were some gaps where they were supposed to overlap. I solved it with an applicator gun and a cartridge of brown frame sealant. In a couple of instances I had to let it set and then build up an extra layer on top, but it did the job and has lasted for four months so far!

We haven't had much rain this summer though. The test of time is approaching!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back