Some Advice For Death Like Lawn!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into a rented house a couple of months ago, the garden was in a bad state when we moved in but I had it in mind to sort it out. My plans are to have a nice even lush green, moss and weed free lawn.

The borders were full of overgrown weeds, which I spend a couple of hours digging over and pulling them all out.

The whole garden is so uneven, to the point it is hard to mow with all the mounds and craters.

I am thinking I can rake all the dead dried like straw, moss, and the vast array of car parts, knives, towels, stones and hunks of metal out of it completely, and hopefully even it out with the rake also.

I am planning to rake the borders back to the same level as the lawn and hopefully have it as grass all the way to the fence line.

Just wondering once I have raked the lawn back to an even layer of soil, should I put anything down to kill off excess moss spores and weed seeds? Do I airate the soil and put lawn sand down? Or put grass seed straight down? Just a little confused.

Any additional hints, tips on the whole process would be great!

Some pictures of the dreaded lawn below! :(

View media item 46071 View media item 46072 View media item 46073 View media item 46074

Sponsored Links
Rented house? I hope the landlord makes at least some form of contribution for your efforts!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back