Any more daft ideas?

Sponsored Links
Bring back Window Tax ( windows as in walls, windows in computors is already taxing and paneful :cry: )

I would be happy as this cottage has small windows and less than eight so would only incur a very small tax.

( note to self, as it was really a tax on glass if it was re-introduced would it apply to solar panels )

Sponsored Links
Bring back Window Tax ( windows as in walls, windows in computors is already taxing and paneful :cry: )

I would be happy as this cottage has small windows and less than eight so would only incur a very small tax.

( note to self, as it was really a tax on glass if it was re-introduced would it apply to solar panels )

Solar panels on a 500 year old cottage, classy. ;) ;)

As above, the money wouldn't be ploughed back into the local community - it would be used by councillors and officials to their own advantage (better town hall faciities, additional junckets, fact-finding missions etc)..

I also find the idea ludicrous, "it will be spent on local businesses".

LOL, even if they didn't spend it on wasteful art bongaboos, their own wages, or on filling the same potholes 10 times rather than just doing it once....

What they hell do they know about local business, how exactly does a council plough money into local business.

Local councils are as corrupt as they come.

They have had their government handouts capped and are not permitted to increase the council tax they screw out of their citizens, so how can they continue to fund their councillors' generous salaries and other benefits?

They've tried increased parking charges, fines for motorists using bus lanes and so on, and any other underhand money-grabbing ploys, and they are still looking for 'much needed' funding for their 'activities'. So what do they do?

Well, this 'supermarket tax' is the latest idea, I suppose. I don't think it will be the last, though.

We should all work for the common good and the state should just sling us a chicken sandwich and an apple every so often.

I also see that one of the councils proposing this tax, is Derby City Council. Where a bit of research shows that the council leader has just advertised for a personal assistant . A position which will attract a salary of £41,000. (all this at a time when they're making workers redundant)

I also see that one of the councils proposing this tax, is Derby City Council. Where a bit of research shows that the council leader has just advertised for a personal assistant . A position which will attract a salary of £41,000. (all this at a time when they're making workers redundant)
I'd personally give the leader a couple of hand jobs a day for that kind of salary.

I'd personally give the leader a couple of hand jobs a day for that kind of salary.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Crikey :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back