Brazil V Germany

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What was Hugh Dennis doing playing for Germany in a number 9 shirt?

Sponsored Links
Germans on the up across an even broader front - how long before their share of Euroland becomes too small could they raise their sights - once again ?

Brazil suffers a 'Blitzkrieg'.

Clinical, unselfish and great to watch.

Could be an all Euro final....?

Sponsored Links
Looked a suspiciously easy win to me, not taking anything away from the German side, they are indeed formidable, but 7 - 1 against Brazil?? Brazil didn't even mark the Germans... Hmmmm.

Looked a suspiciously easy win to me, not taking anything away from the German side, they are indeed formidable, but 7 - 1 against Brazil?? Brazil didn't even mark the Germans... Hmmmm.
Wonder if there was some betting on a 7-1 victory??

Wonder if there was some betting on a 7-1 victory??

I Think the absolute score would have been difficult to "fix" but it started out as Wow, then the flurry of goals came with so little marking and the same german gameplay for each goal, then it was hmmm.... really? Brazil looked almost as hapless as England!

Was it Muller who got the first,he turned around after scoring looking a bit perplexed as to how easy it was.

I thought 'doing a brazilian' was supposed to be a close shave...

Not a 'seven up' :D

The Brazilians did seem to be fannying arogund a bit which is dangerous against the cocksure Germans.

A great goalfest to watch.

I do hope Holland beat Argentina:cool:

brazil german match , what a shocker, not a betting man but it was 500 to one for a 1-7 to germany. apparently two or three won done that bet.
i am up for holland to win, but those germans look a class above at the moment.

Now that Brazil are out of the WC, what are the chances for FIFA to finally wake up and acknowledge the squalor the locals have to endure whilst billions are being spent to host it? I fear that protestations will now increase as the locals no longer have anything to cheer about.

Now that Brazil are out of the WC, what are the chances for FIFA to finally wake up and acknowledge the squalor the locals have to endure whilst billions are being spent to host it? I fear that protestations will now increase as the locals no longer have anything to cheer about.

Brazil - population approx. 200 million.

Total World Cup 2014 expenditure - $14 billion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_preparations)

Let's be generous, and say that figure was a gross underestimate, and the true figure was 20 billion quid. That's 100 quid per head, aka sod all. Most of Brazil is squalid because it was squalid, and and hasn't had sufficient time to get a decent average standard of living yet.

It took us hundreds of years to get from the average person being dirt poor, to having a mobile phone, house, 50 inch plasma, and fags on tap. Why do you think Brazil should make that leap in 20 or 30 yrs?

When did FIFA become a humanitarian aid organisation?

I think the Brazilian population just need to hang on a little longer. After all, Brazil is the 'B' in a group of countries called BRIC countries, whose economies are predicted to out perform most other nations. By 2050, it is thought that Brazil will be the world's fifth largest economy, ahead of Russia.

No doubt the Brazilians who are switched on and prepared to work hard will benefit from Brazil's economic growth. There will always be the poor, but maybe they might benefit by a slight improvement in their living standards.

http://www.globalsherpa.org/bric-countries-brics

Sponsored Links
Back