Credit where credit is due

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Much as I have ranted about Three, they have done me a good service over my phone upgrade.

Having had numerous (unresolved) handset issues over the past 2 yrs, a very patchy signal at home, and script-abiding call centres who (while their english is immeasurably better than my [indian]), were about as much use as chocolate teapots, I was ready to throw the towel in with them.

However, the coverage checkers for my area showed that Three (and EE) were the only ones with anything approaching "service". So, I dutifully priced up EE, and dragged my PAC out of the wriggling and swerving call centre lady.

Within ten minutes, a cancellations centre bod called me, offering me a choice of three deals.

Roll forward a couple of days, and (having got them to make a note on my account, so I could pick the new phone up in store without a prolonged ball-ache explanation and to-and-fro, all over again), I picked up a shiny One M8 for only a pound a month more than I was currently paying. And, they waived the £29 up front cost.

And, having been told by the lad in the shop that Three have been upgrading the mast to 4G, I now get decent / excellent signal in most of my drum.

Sponsored Links
On the odd occasion I have had problems with my Three app. (on my Nexus 5 phone), I have found the Three call centre staff (presumably in India) to be very knowledgeable and helpful, and their English perfectly clear and understandable. They have even called me back later to ensure that I have had no further problems.

Yes, like many people, I have had problems with foreign call centres, but Three seem to have found some very professional and competent people in The Subcontinent. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

And (speaking as a Yorkshireman) their charging for a PAYG deal is cheaper than any other I have found.

Sponsored Links
You make and take calls in a drum? Bizarre :LOL:

Believe me, in some areas a drum is more useful for sending messages, than EE. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thought it was just my EE signal that was bad. Orange used to be about the best.

Are they all as bad as each other now?

Going by this map:

http://www.which.co.uk/technology/p...40502&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget

They all seem to provide good coverage in built-up areas, but cover well different rural areas.

Why can't they all share each others' transmitter masts? It would provide better coverage in rural areas and, in built-up areas, would save them having to erect their own masts everywhere.

Btw, isn't Orange part of EE now? You'd imagine the coverage would be better now, if they share T-mobile masts as well.

You make and take calls in a drum? Bizarre :LOL:

Believe me, in some areas a drum is more useful for sending messages, than EE. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thought it was just my EE signal that was bad. Orange used to be about the best.

Are they all as bad as each other now?

Going by this map:

http://www.which.co.uk/technology/p...40502&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget

They all seem to provide good coverage in built-up areas, but cover well different rural areas.

Why can't they all share each others' transmitter masts? It would provide better coverage in rural areas and, in built-up areas, would save them having to erect their own masts everywhere.

Btw, isn't Orange part of EE now? You'd imagine the coverage would be better now, if they share T-mobile masts as well.

Yes, orange and EE are one and the same.

Coverage in cities can be patchy too. If I'm out the back of my local having a quick gasper, the signal is non existent. Fifteen feet back inside the pub, the signal is 100%.

At home, my orange/EE signal bounces up and down like a yo-yo. Used to be perfect at one time. A friend has just moved to Shoreham By Sea, and he can't get any signal at all in his house.

Thanks for the link. I seem to be in a blackspot - actually blue, but you'll know what I mean.

Back