Crimea and Scottish Referenda

Sponsored Links
If as seems the case the majority of people in Crimea want union with Russia i can't see the problem , Crimea after all only became part of Ukraine in 1954 when it was gifted to Ukraine by Kruschov who at the time didn't envisage the situation today where the country would be destabilised by the EU and America.
The people of Ukraine are just pawns in a geopolitical chess game by people who would struggle with the concept of snakes and ladders, Putin bailed out Obama in Syria when he convinced Assad to get rid of his chemical weapons thus allowing the Americans to claim it was their pressure which forced Assad to disarm.
I think politicians are out of touch with ordinary people who see double standards by politicians who preach democracy yet support the overthrow of a democratically elected government in Ukraine.
The EU as usual is making all sorts of promises to the Ukrainian people they are considering supplying gas to Ukraine from Norway to cut Ukrainian dependence on Russian gas but the cost of doing that would mean that Ukranians would have to pay a lot more for their gas which in a poor country with a cold climate could spark another uprising.

The so called Democratic West reacts with sanctions and other punitive measures when they don't like what other countries get up to, interfereing in every aspect of others lives, our Democratic way of life is not the only way to live a honest life,in fact I recon our Democratic way is actualy more like a Dictatorship, we dictate to other countries what they can and what they can't do,in fact we ourselves live under so many rules and regulations that it is not less than a dictatorship. nMake one slight slip up and you get penalised without any concern where the money to pay unjust fines would come from.

Sponsored Links
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/10684333/Putin-mocks-the-West-and-threatens-to-turn-off-gas-supplies.html

:LOL:

That's what happens when you rely on other countries for your energy supplies.
I just hope that we back off and keep our noses out of their affairs before our domestic reserves run out.

I'm afraid I have no confidence in our clowns in Westminster.

Now that the Crimea has had it's referendum what are the odds of Camoron giving the British people a referendum as well.
I am not normally a conspricy theorist but the idea that a people would overthrow a government because they didn't join the EU sounds a bit strange to me.
What happens if the Russians cut off Ukraines gas as they haven't paid their bill, thats means that we will have to step in and start supplying them which means either we subsidise them with 40%discount just like the Russians did which would mean people in the UK who can't pay their gas bill in the UK will have to pay the gas bill of people in the UKraine :confused: or let the free market sort it out which would mean Ukraine would have to pay the going price for Gas , which begs the question if they couldn't pay for the cheap gas from Russia how the fook do they pay for the expensive gas from the EU. :LOL:

Now that the Crimea has had it's referendum what are the odds of Camoron giving the British people a referendum as well.

Highly unlikely. The Russians obviously have more of a democracy than we do. :eek:

Hi all.

To change the direction of the thread for a wee bit? and possible get some light relief into the debate

If Scotland is as bad as is being painted by the Westminster Politicians of both major persuasions why are they so dead set on keeping it a part of the union?

OK this is not a new thought, it has been floated by many previously

Ken

which begs the question if they couldn't pay for the cheap gas from Russia how the fook do they pay for the expensive gas from the EU. :LOL:

Well, they could afford the gas and the people paid their bills but instead of paying Gazprom, have a guess whos Russian bank account thet money went off to.... As log as Yanukovich ran Ukraine and did as Putin told him then all that syphoning off funds lark was overlooked..

Edit - Well, they could (just) afford the gas and the people paid their bills but instead of paying BG/whoever, have a guess whose bank account the money went off to.... As long as Cameron ran Britain and did as those in charge told him then all that syphoning off funds lark was overlooked.

At least Yanukovitch didn't own the sea bed (I presume).

The EU is a busted flush thats why they need an external enemy to divert attention from their own failures, it is the oldest trick in the book.
At least Putin defends the soveriegnty of his country unlike the lackys to the EU in this country.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
United we stand. Divided we fall. No surrender.
God save the Queen.

Assuming,maybe wrongly, that you're a norn Irishman, what do you think would be the effect on ulster if there is a yes vote in September?

Assuming,maybe wrongly, that you're a norn Irishman, what do you think would be the effect on ulster if there is a yes vote in September?

Scotland gets NI thrown into the deal free of charge..

Sponsored Links
Back