Firage v Clegg - EU Debate

Hence to the 99% it matters not which particular turd rises to the top when the dung heap is turned every few years!

It's a shame that more people don't realise that or, if they do, why they can't be bothered to do something about it.

For decades we have had a succession of alternating Con - Lab governments, both of which have sought to make things better for no-one other than themselves.

As you say, people do see voting as pointless when whichever party gets in the result will be the same.

Why, then, not choose another party that stands for something different and promises to do what, apparently, the majority of the population want?

Sponsored Links
I realise that there is a danger of regurgitating many previous discussions, but just as an observation:
I've been watching the Boat race, and the nationalities of the crew were included in the opening gambit for each member:
Only seven out of the eighteen crew members are not immigrants and judging by the accents of the crew members they were first generation immigrants. I don't know if this is representative of the population of the universities. http://theboatrace.org/men/compare-blue-boat/2014/cox

I accept, of course, that they may only be in UK to study, perhaps on student visas. Some may stay on completion of their studies. It probably indicates the diversity of the universities and the surounding areas.

But it does make a mockery of those who say, "what has immigration done for UK?" The two famous UK universities apparently have only 36% indigenous students.

I suspect that if one did a similar comparison of, for example, olympic athletes, football players, etc, a similar or even more resounding conclusion would be drawn.

Nobody that I have ever met has a problem with educated migrants, it's the Gypsies and peasants that are the problem. Do you agree RH?

Sponsored Links
Nobody that I have ever met has a problem with educated migrants, it's the Gypsies and peasants that are the problem. Do you agree RH?
You've done it now Joe,,, RH now has you down as a member of the EDL, KKK or Nazi party.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Joe's going to get a 30 paragraph diatribe thrown at him by coathanger. No worry, I doubt anyone's ever been able to stay awake through to the end of a coathanger post.

• Thanks
Why goad the fella and then complain when he gives it back to you?

I'm sure some people find it fun!

(Please note: I don't goad him. I don't even read or answer his posts and I still get it in the neck!)

Why, then, not choose another party that stands for something different and promises to do what, apparently, the majority of the population want?
They all 'promise' that but I've yet to see one deliver on those 'promises'.

Its the system that has failed!

Time to ban political parties and make all elected representatives (by PR) independants.

The turds won't let it happen of course - so I hope for as near zero turnout as possible in the dung heap turning exercise to highlight the illegitimacy of the turds right to 'govern'.

That might then stir up enough people to affect a change.

Sadly though most sheeple are too bothered about that extra 'promised' tenner in their pockets!

• Thanks
I completely agree with you Ella. PR would certainly be advantageous, of course. I've been thinking about the concept of all MPs being independents, and I cannot see any apparent disadvantage to this. Having to 'toe the party line' effectively removes the opportunity for individual MPs - and each of us has one as a local representative - to push for what they consider beneficial for their own constituents.

Even so, I don't think that would obviate the 'snouts in the trough' situation.

Even so, I don't think that would obviate the 'snouts in the trough' situation.
So you regulate it better and independantly.

Just a few thoughts.

No second jobs.
No job related to positions held for 10 years after exit from parliament.
No relatives or friends holding jobs related to an MP's role for the same periods.
A (higher) flat rate for the job and no expenses allowed.
No freebies allowed.
All official communications to be recorded and open to public scrutiny.

I could go on, but I'm making too much sense... :LOL:

• Thanks
I could go on, but I'm making too much sense... :LOL:
Sorry, ellal, I can't resist:

Well, there's a first for everything. ;)
Or, well, I've seen it all now. ;)
Or, you don't belong here, obviously. ;)
Or, in that case, no-one will have a clue what you're on about. ;)

Take a look at the map of the world and the size of other nations compared to the UK. Who the fook do we think we are? We are about as important (and impotent) as Cuba. Time to accept that we are the little skinny kid in the playground.

'Rule Britannia, Britannia rule the waves
Britain never never never will be slaves'

Has a rather hollow ring to it now,
now that we are enslaved to the bureaucrats of Brussels.

Sponsored Links
Back