Maverick...

Haven't a clue what they're all talking about!

Remind me. Was it the 80s or 90s that Yorkshire finally got TV? ;)

Don't worry, you'll be getting colour before long. ;) ;)

BBC - not sure, but early 1950s (before the Bristol area)
ITV - 1955 (before the Bristol area)
Colour TV - 1969 (before the Bristol area)

I still don't know what they're talking about, but I gather it might be something to do with cowboys and indians.

Maverick .... bit like the rockford files, but set in the wild west, Jim was the town sherrif IIRC.

Sponsored Links

I still don't know what they're talking about, but I gather it might be something to do with cowboys and indians.

Maverick .... bit like the rockford files, but set in the wild west, Jim was the town sherrif IIRC.

Maverick... was a semi comedy western series, about two brothers who roamed the West and were professional Gamblers
James Garner was the main lead .. Bret Maverick
Jack kelly his Brother .... Bart Maverick

Roger Moore played the English Gentleman Cousin ... Beauregard Maverick.
Last episodes included Robert Colbert ... as Brent Maverick.

There were many other stars that played recurring roles and appeared in different episodes. Including Clint Eastwood.

150px-James_Garner_Bret_Maverick_Jack_Kelly_Bart_Maverick.JPG

Jim Rockford - master of the 'J' turn. Did a lot of his own stunts if I recall.

Great series. Still love the idea of the instant business cards he used to print while sitting in the car!

Sponsored Links

Thanks. Yes, cowboys and indians, as I suspected. I wouldn't have watched it as that sort of thing never appealed to me, I'm afraid.

I was more into Daleks and Cybermen!

Yes, cowboys and indians, as I suspected. I wouldn't have watched it as that sort of thing never appealed to me, I'm afraid.
Was that because of the Indians? :)

Yes, I know you're joking but, seriously, I have found that Indians I have known or worked with are honest and decent people. I can't say that for certain other people, unfortunately.

I agree but I couldn't resist - sorry.

You're just too young.
I was brought up with westerns which, back then as with all programmes, were always moralistic and the good guys always triumphed.
That is, apart from the Indians.

We thought that was how things were.
It was, of course, to keep us in the ignorance to which we did not know we had become accustomed.

I was brought up with westerns which, back then as with all programmes, were always moralistic and the good guys always triumphed.

I think that's one of the things that puts me off most American films. The Yanks always have to win, be it cops v. robbers, marines v. Japanese or cowboys v. indians. Not very realistic. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back