Natural justice

Don't see that abusing the abused solves anything.
You may as well say the same about custodial sentences.

It's called justice.
I would say the same about custodial sentences, if they had any deterrent we would have empty prisons. We just lock people up because it keeps jo public happy and avoids dealing with the real problems.
Revenge is a natural response to human emotion, does not justify it though, justice should be based on fact and reasoning, not emotion.

prison isn't just a deterrent, it's purpose is to remove criminals from society too, as some people are just bent on committing crimes.

Sponsored Links
You may as well say the same about custodial sentences.

It's called justice.
I would say the same about custodial sentences, if they had any deterrent we would have empty prisons.

Have you, or our out-of-touch judges, ever considered the possibility that many of our prison inmates are in there because it's a nice place to be. Three (four?) hot meals a day, colour telly, pool tables, free health and dental care (did you see the report about Philpott's free gnashers?), easy access to drugs, having a whale of a time with your mates for a couple of weeks, etc, etc.

Hard labour and no 'rewards' would reduce 'prison popularity' overnight.

I presume you meant 'abusing the abuser'.

Perhaps you think it would be preferable to discuss his actions with the abuser, or offer him counselling. Pain is the only language some people understand.

The Old Testament had it right: 'an eye for an eye'.

Sponsored Links
Three (four?) hot meals a day, colour telly, pool tables, free health and dental care (did you see the report about Philpott's free gnashers?), easy access to drugs, having a whale of a time with your mates for a couple of weeks, etc, etc.

Not to mention the sitting in the comfy chair, waiting for the compensation claim to be paid for the cell being too cold in winter.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Utter jibberish. Unfortunately I have been to the big house. It's packed. Also prison is a jolly place full of people who are crims and nuts. I recommend a spell for all. One shower a week only. However, I do agree hard labour is a very good thing if you ain't a council worker who'll lose his/her job
agreed. However, our prisons are full of non natives,
7.3% are "non natives" :rolleyes:

agreed. However, our prisons are full of non natives,
7.3% are "non natives" :rolleyes:

Where do you get this figure from ? I find that very hard to believe (never been imprisoned but worked in a few HMP's).
Way i see it, hard labour and no perks. Kill murderers/rapists/nonces. (I know "it wont stop it" but it'll stop THEM doing it again). And start rewarding/praising youngsters for doing good things instead of bigging up villains and petty crims. It'll take years to turn things around but we've got to start somewhere.
Oh and yes, deport foreign criminals to free up space for our native scum.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back