Report suggests Police "damaged but not broken".

You mean the organisation that has categorised itself as institutionally corrupt and institutionally racist :rolleyes:

Not that old chestnut. Political pressure to force apologies from the top brass has never been any real representation of the Police Force in general. :rolleyes:

(And btw most protests are actually peaceful until the uniformed thugs arrive!)

Absolute nonsense, where do they magic the spray cans from?:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Not that old chestnut. Political pressure to force apologies from the top brass has never been any real representation of the Police Force in general. :rolleyes:

Ostrich-man-head-in-sand-1.gif

Personally, I'd prefer not to live in an anarchic society.
Do you actually understand what a true 'anarchic society' actually means, or do you believe what authority tells you about 'anarchy'?

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure how the charge that the police are revenue raisers can be proven, (or indeed that they have a political agenda- which is different to being used to enforce a political agenda eg miner strike, as was suggested.)

I'm not sure how the charge that the police are revenue raisers can be proven, (or indeed that they have a political agenda- which is different to being used to enforce a political agenda eg miner strike, as was suggested.)
I suspect that ellal was referring to the fines levied by cameras, etc. This, mostly goes to government (local or national) of course. It is the justice system in general that enforces these fines, rather than the police per se.
I also suspect that ellal was referring to political interference in police activity rather than a direct political action by the police.
Of course, the Police Federation can easily be construed to be pursuing a political course.

or indeed that they have a political agenda- which is different to being used to enforce a political agenda eg miner strike, as was suggested.
If you look I actually said 'political enforcer' :rolleyes:

However a 'political agenda' is also becoming more apparent since the advent of 'elected' PCC's.

or indeed that they have a political agenda- which is different to being used to enforce a political agenda eg miner strike, as was suggested.
If you look I actually said 'political enforcer' :rolleyes:

However a 'political agenda' is also becoming more apparent since the advent of 'elected' PCC's.

You don't need an eye roll there! I said ' enforce a political agenda ...as was suggested' by you ie acknowledging your comment.

Does it not read like that, or should I have phrased it better?

Does it not read like that, or should I have phrased it better?
Yes and Yes :rolleyes:

So it reads like that but should be better !

I'm not sure how the charge that the police are revenue raisers can be proven, (or indeed that they have a political agenda- which is different to ,as was suggested,being used to enforce a political agenda eg miner strike)

Okay now ?
:cool:

Nope

All you are proving Micilin is that you couldn't understand my original comments and still don't.

I must admit I didn't take account for such a simpleton, but hey ho ;)

Nope

All you are proving Micilin is that you couldn't understand my original comments and still don't.

I must admit I didn't take account for such a simpleton, but hey ho ;)

Bear with me then, please, while I catch up.

In my post, I wrote that you said

- the police are revenue raisers
- the police are political enforcers ie used to enforce a political agena

Isn't that what you said - "Plod is now merely a political enforcer and a revenue raiser" How else should that be taken?

And I also said that enforcing political agenda is different to having a political agenda of their own ,although in your later post you seem to think this is the case also?

After all, the phrase 'political enforcer' could also read an 'enforcer which is political', if we are looking at syntax, although that is not how I read it.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

That hole you are digging Micilin is just getting bigger and bigger ;)

Sponsored Links
Back