Scottish independence.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alex Salmon was on the news again tonight, i got to thinking, IF they vote for independence and he succeeds.

1. Will this be the end of the UK?

2. Will my passport be obsolete?

3. Will A.S. (I recognize those initials) reimburse me for a new passport?

Sponsored Links
It wont be the end of the uk, as the rump of the uk will remain in England, Wales and norn iron. Until the Welsh have their vote at least :)

As long as they keep that Charles kennedy North of the border--I'm happy .
Cant have that 'true Scots peahead drinking England dry-- can we ?.

Sponsored Links
Look on it as England becoming independent of the Scots.

Last time the Royal Bank of Scotland went bust, the Bank of England bailed them out. Next time, er, er?????

I say give them all their Independence. They deserve it.

But, they must repay the debts that the English taxpayers have pumped into their economies as a first priority.

As for Ireland, nowt to do with us. As Paul McCartney sang: Give Ireland back to the Irish. (An English fella who spent 27 months in Cork)

Part of me says let them go - the rest of the UK would be far better off financially without Scotland.

Part of me thinks that it'd be a shame, that the UK is a better place with Scotland in it.

But most of me thinks that the Scots are a canny people, there ain't no way they'll vote to kill the goose that lays their golden eggs!

suggest you do some proper research and you will find the financial situation is actually the other way about

Ah but it's not about the money though. It's about Salmond's place in history and his hatred for anything south of Gretna.

We have a number of Scottish friends here in England, along with some Scottish relatives in Scotland, so have nothing at all against the Scots.

What they decide to do is up to them but:

1. I can't help feeling that AS is doing this not for the Scots' benefit but for his own;

2. if and when Scotland do obtain their independence, a very good outcome will be that Labour are never again going to get into power in England.

2. if and when Scotland do obtain their independence, a very good outcome will be that Labour are never again going to get into power in England.

If that is true then i know where i'm going for my holidays, just make sure my vote will be counted prior to the event.

Also as there are probably more Scots living in England, do they get to vote? I'll wager not, because they wont have that chip on their shoulder about the English, so Alex Salmond will ignore them.

If and when England becomes independent of Scotland, the Scots Gnats will have performed their purpose. Will they still be needed?

Sponsored Links
Back