Scottish independence.

N O.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...untry-that-has-left-the-united-kingdom-mapped

Looking at the countries which have 'left' - Not many have progressed alone to anything much - apart from the English speakers.

The Scots have shown that when push comes to shove they are actually 'canny' people.

Alistar Darling a reasoned and calm influence. Possibly saved Cameron's bottom - It will doubtless still be the fault of the previous Govn' tho' !! :D

Sponsored Links
That was not the statement though so no point harping on about it
Lets just wait and see the U turns after todays yes vote

:LOL:
Looks like you rebels will have to pipe down a bit. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I really think we shouldn't gloat over the wee mans misfortune, bearing in mind the British way is to support the underdog, so with this in mind I am going to send him a letter of commiseration.

addressed as,

. Mr. Salmonella,
. Aberdeenshire,
. Scotland,
. U.K.

:D :D

Scotland now known as the country that sh#te itself
Since they bottled it, its rather appropriate that the writing was on one of their favourite bottles!

odd_irnbru.jpg

No then, go back to your room tidy it up and stop moaning about what you get for dinner, not too bad a deal now is it?

:)

I will not be surprised if the No campaign win the referendum by a margin far greater than that suggested by the polls. The nationalist bullies have made it difficult for unionists to speak out, so many will toe the militant line until the moment they step into the booth to make their mark without fear or favour.

Just as expected. I anticipate the politicians in London will now rip themselves apart having to deliver the 'promises' of more power to Scotland.........whilst Frage/UKIP will pick up the pieces at the general election in May next year.

If you think the Scottish referendum was making history.......there are bigger headlines coming our.

For years the most divisive thing in Scotland was religion. Even football supporters were driven by religion... "By Christ son yer a proddie and ye'll bloody well support Rangers." etc, etc.
Now we are a nation again divided, divided by one man and his desire to be a legend in his ain lunchtime. There are friends of mine who dare not mention which way they voted, for fear of losing friends. Was going down the pub the night, but might just stay in wi a carry oot instead. ;) ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Just when you think it is all over.

This is now the start, the referendum has caused an earthquake across all the Political parties, there is a possibility of reform of the system, and possible the house of Commons? where is the Lords in this?

Scotland was made several disparate differing offers of more power by the conservatives, labour, and lib Dems, there was no unified offer simply three differing offers.

So the numerous Political grandees of all three above, will have to get their act together, then get their proposals through the house of Commons, where it will be watered down, then they will have to get it pas the House of Lords, additional water will be showered on any bill at that stage. So all the grand promises made following one ADVERSE poll as seen from Westminster will slowly be totally eroded away, goodness knows it was at best Devo Nano when first proposed, we will need a microscope to see it when it goes through he above?

Now it gets interesting, England and Wales, plus N.I. have been promised a form of devolution, why? to fend off a back bench revolt in the House, this will muddy the waters and dilute what was a referendum pledge made to us up here just to keep us on side.

All this has to be agreed and passed in blusteringly fast time by Parliament, no chance! and heaving into sight, not long now is a General Election, it is possible that the outcome of this Election will see the demise of the Lib Dems and the emergence of Ukip?

Now for the get out of jail card, a new parliament is not duty bound to HONOUR any pledges made by a previous government.

Having listened to a lot of Radio Scotland today [ a load of driving] there was a series of Phone in broadcasts, it became clear that the Information peddled by the three main Westminster parties seriously scared a lot of people, conversely, the lack of adequate reassurances by the Scot Nats . Greens failed to convince a load of people.

But what about the turn outs?
One island had 100%
One 83 year old man had never ever voted, being disillusioned by politics, he voted stating it was the only vote worth casting?

Now the fun starts, failure to deliver will shall we say leave a bad taste? then watch the back lash up here

Call me Mr Cynical if you like but I suspect that Wee Eck may be secretly relieved that Scotland didn't go for independence as what he promised would have been a pretty tall order... What he has done however is to win promises of more for Scotland and managed to throw a political hand grenade into Westminster...He may well have done all of the UK a great service. Time will tell

Just when you think it is all over.

This is now the start, the referendum has caused an earthquake across all the Political parties, there is a possibility of reform of the system, and possible the house of Commons? where is the Lords in this?

Scotland was made several disparate differing offers of more power by the conservatives, labour, and lib Dems, there was no unified offer simply three differing offers.

So the numerous Political grandees of all three above, will have to get their act together, then get their proposals through the house of Commons, where it will be watered down, then they will have to get it pas the House of Lords, additional water will be showered on any bill at that stage. So all the grand promises made following one ADVERSE poll as seen from Westminster will slowly be totally eroded away, goodness knows it was at best Devo Nano when first proposed, we will need a microscope to see it when it goes through he above?

Now it gets interesting, England and Wales, plus N.I. have been promised a form of devolution, why? to fend off a back bench revolt in the House, this will muddy the waters and dilute what was a referendum pledge made to us up here just to keep us on side.

All this has to be agreed and passed in blusteringly fast time by Parliament, no chance! and heaving into sight, not long now is a General Election, it is possible that the outcome of this Election will see the demise of the Lib Dems and the emergence of Ukip?

Now for the get out of jail card, a new parliament is not duty bound to HONOUR any pledges made by a previous government.

Having listened to a lot of Radio Scotland today [ a load of driving] there was a series of Phone in broadcasts, it became clear that the Information peddled by the three main Westminster parties seriously scared a lot of people, conversely, the lack of adequate reassurances by the Scot Nats . Greens failed to convince a load of people.

But what about the turn outs?
One island had 100%
One 83 year old man had never ever voted, being disillusioned by politics, he voted stating it was the only vote worth casting?

Now the fun starts, failure to deliver will shall we say leave a bad taste? then watch the back lash up here

Sour grapes me thinks. :LOL:
Backlash all you want. You don't deserve any special treatment any more than any other part of the UK.
salmond fcked up and now yous are more divided than ever.

Norcon.

Me thinks you are missing the point.

Promises made to what was it 2 MILLION people that opted to vote no on the back of some PROMISES made in the heat of the referendum not to be brought to fruition?

2 MILLION + A further 1.5. MILLION is a very, very high stake to deny

if the Affirmed Promises by all three major political parties do not materialize to what is 3.5 MILLION voters do you thing we will just walk away?

What would you do? curl up and try to tell yourself it did not happen?

I do not think so?

Norcon.

Me thinks you are missing the point.

Promises made to what was it 2 MILLION people that opted to vote no on the back of some PROMISES made in the heat of the referendum not to be brought to fruition?

2 MILLION + A further 1.5. MILLION is a very, very high stake to deny

if the Affirmed Promises by all three major political parties do not materialize to what is 3.5 MILLION voters do you thing we will just walk away?

What would you do? curl up and try to tell yourself it did not happen?

I do not think so?

Camoron, balls and clegg panicked and made fools of themselves in the heat of the moment.
It was just a load of waffle that would bear no fruit as most rebels believed anyway. And that's how it should remain imo.
salmond told them to little to late as he thought he was gonna win.
What a plonker.

Cameron, balls and Clegg panicked and made fools of themselves

Yea that is all very well BUT.

These guys purchased newspapers to "pledge" "Vow" that there was to be massive changes, in that there were cast in stone definitive transfer of a tiny amount of power from Westminster to Scotland.

As previous post, if it does not happen? ------

Sponsored Links
Back