Scottish independence.

Here we go?

At the time of this post, BBC News is reporting that there is a rift in what the three main political parties are going to give us?

how long did that last? all the promises, cast in stone/ Vows,

The "I" Sating the union strikes back???

Now the antiquated Con / labour bickering commences all incumbents jostling for sound bites and headlines.

but there are 2 MILLION of the supporters watching very, very closly.

Sponsored Links
sectarian NO voters been running amok in glasgow all night booting innocent passers by heads in .

Not a single mention on BBC or ITV news strange that

It's payback time for all the intimidation and threats from the rebels.

Sponsored Links
Salmond has achieved nothing other than to turn Scot against Scot and cause untold trouble for years to come.

I hope he's proud of himself.

how long did that last? all the promises, cast in stone/ Vows,

What can you say....

Our political system works by checks and balances. Cameron offered the moon, he couldn't make a promise bind the next parliament, he couldn't make a promise, and then deliver it without consent of the public.

Of course further devolution would require more negotiation, and of course it would come with strings.

Complaining about this, is like complaining the £100 car I bought is a banger, rather than an F1 car.

Tories are willing to give the Scots some say in the running of their own country. As is Millipede.

Being reciprocally fair, Tories are also pro- giving England a say in her own affairs, without the Scots butting in on matters that do not concern them. Millipede won't do that, because it would be suicidal for Labour.

So, Millipede would rather pander to the Scots and screw England, Wales and N. Ireland, to save his own bacon.

I don't really see the problem here. What most people want is to feel they have more control over how things are managed and how money is spent closer to home. None of us get that from the distant Westminster bubble. This starts with each Country but should go further and allow more control on a regional basis. One of the arguments during the Scottish thing was that some Scots in outlying regions are as far away from Edinburgh as they are from Westminster. Independence wouldn't have changed much for them. Personally I believe a lot more control should go to each country and then more control to each region. That's the only way I see we will all get a fair deal.

1411157816727_wps_19_Scottish_Referendum_Glasg.jpg

It was quite amicable - By Jock standards ! Loss adjustment ?? :D

-0-

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
I for one, don't have a problem with only Scottish MP's (in Westminster) voting on Scottish matters. I don't have a problem with allowing only English MP's voting on English matters. The big problem I can see though, is the majority of Scots MP's belong to the Labour party and these are surely going to push through everything on the Labour agenda. Anything they don't like can be voted against. I know the electorate always have the chance to change things , come general election time,,, but most of the electorate have bloody short memories.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back