So who noticed the strikes yesterday?

part off the reason for that is the jobs at the lower end being privatized with wages being forced down further lowering the average "private sector" wage rate and increasing the public sector average

Do you have some facts and figures to back that claim up.

Smells like typical labour slogan to me "race to the bottom" malarkey.

Sponsored Links
And your point is? Actual, factual examples are disregarded, against hypothetical but numerous examples of sterling effort?
If the boot was on the other foot, would you give more credence to something actually experienced, our something thought to "probably go on"?
My point is that on a day to day basis, the vast majority of cases are handled quickly and efficiently but are never referred to. Instead, the tiny number of poor or slow anecdotal situations are cited and claimed to be the norm.

For example, in my job there have been a tiny, tiny number of kiddie fiddlers. I reckon that of the approx 400 teachers I have met over the last quarter of a century, I can recall about 8 who have had relationships with pupils (all at least 16 years old but the crime refers to breach of "position of trust"). From that hard fact information am I supposed to therefore extrapolate that all, or the majority of, teachers are paedophiles? :confused: Because that's the logic that you lot are following on here.

8 out of 400 = majority? I do hope that you are not a maths teacher 😜

Sponsored Links
I think a sarcastic point was being made.

However, if only 15 of the 400 voted, it would be.
Indeed. The government is to put in its manifesto new rules regarding the legitimacy of polls and industrial action. The hypocrisy of this is that by the same rules their own passing of laws would hold no legitimacy.

Regardless of the concerns of the current thread, I would urge you all to take to the streets over these proposals as they are designed to emasculate public opinion, mark my words

The government is to put in its manifesto new rules regarding the legitimacy of polls and industrial action. The hypocrisy of this is that by the same rules their own passing of laws would hold no legitimacy.
I quite agree.

An MP recently on radio - arguing that it was NOT the same thing.

I forget who it was now, Secretary of State for bare-faced effrontery, I think.

The government is to put in its manifesto new rules regarding the legitimacy of polls and industrial action. The hypocrisy of this is that by the same rules their own passing of laws would hold no legitimacy.
I quite agree.

An MP recently on radio - arguing that it was NOT the same thing.

I forget who it was now, Secretary of State for bare-faced effrontery, I think.

You take one act of p!ss-taking, and presume that the other 650-odd are the same? Really.....

You take one act of p!ss-taking, and presume that the other 650-odd are the same? Really.....
I must admit that I had not appreciated MPs are interviewed so they can pιss-take.

I mentioned nothing about the other 649.

Not really.....

MP's seem happy enough to be elected on a low turnout of voters, so, why should unions not be allowed to strike on a ballot of 30% of the membership ? (just saying) ;) ;)

Police Commissioners can only dream of such figures.
Oh, no. It doesn't matter for them either; only the nasty Unions.

440px-England_and_Wales_Police_and_Crime_Commission_voter_turnout_2012_map.svg.png

MP's seem happy enough to be elected on a low turnout of voters, so, why should unions not be allowed to strike on a ballot of 30% of the membership ? (just saying) ;) ;)

Because we have representative democracy,so its not hypicrital at all for the government to put laws in place to stop union strikes needing a % of turnout to be valid.

Sponsored Links
Back