SPOILER ALERT!!! Santa....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you're going to go to bed on Dec 24th and wake up the next morning, fully expecting to have had a visit from a big man in a red suit who has let himself into your home via your chimney, DO NOT read on!!!

For everyone else.... how did or does Santa 'work' in your house? This is something my wife and I never really had cause to discuss until we had children, but it turns out there's more than one version of what happens on Christmas Eve... In our house as a child, I used to wake up on Christmas day and magically during the night, Mr Claus had nipped in and delivered a pile of gifts, some for me, some for my sister and some for my parents. These giits all had tags indicating who I should thank for sending it, lots of people I knew had helped Santa in his preparations for Christmas and he'd simply delivered them all to us...magically course.

Now some 13miles away, in my future wifes house, Santa was doing something slightly different. He still magically let himself into the house and left presents, but not as many. That's not to say my wife was hard done by, it's just that, the Santa that visited their house had help from the other people in her life in a different way. Santa gave them some presents, but couldnt handle getting everything, so the other people in her life went shopping and bought them gifts too, and they turned up later in the day and delivered them themselves. Only her parents didn't buy things... people who could'nt visit on Christmas day also bought gifts and delivered them in advance, storing them under the tree until the day arrived.

So did Christmas in your house (when you and/or your children 'believed') pan out in one of these two ways? Or are there even more ways in which Santa goes about his business.? Until we had kids I had no idea there was any other 'story'...?!?

Sponsored Links
Santa used to turn up at about midnight on Christmas eve when I was supposed to be asleep. Strange though....he looked just like my dad.

think this in our house has finished as my youngest is going to be 10 on the 23 dec,
but we always said that the presents we had under the tree from us were the 1s delivered by santa,all others were bought by friends or relatives.

Sponsored Links
I never saw Santa. When I woke up on Christmas morning I usually found a stocking containing an apple, an orange, a few nuts and a sixpenny piece.

We were poor, you see and in those days, I suppose, so was Santa.

Well the Santas (or more accurately the 'lads') started arriving at our house on the 12th, and they visit one a day and then leave in the same way finishing on 6th January...

They are (in order):

Sheep-Cote Clod
Gully Gawk
Stubby
Spoon-Licker
Pot-Scraper
Bowl-Licker
Door-Slammer
Skyr-Gobbler
Sausage-Swiper
Window-Peeper
Doorway-Sniffer
Meat-Hook
Candle-Stealer

We always keep our biggest firework for the 6th!

You have some strange sounding friends!

Sausage-Swiper and Window-Peeper certainly sound odd; others (eg, Gully-Gawk) I don't understand.

You have some strange sounding friends! Sausage-Swiper and Window-Peeper certainly sound odd; others (eg, Gully-Gawk) I don't understand.
Yeah, they're not red clad jolly old men!

Gully Gawk - hides in gullies waiting to steal milk...

In fact 11 of them are looking to steal something!

'Sheep-Cote Clod' though is a peg-legged sheep botherer!

(Dec 18 is our favourite - we slam the odd door or two in the middle of the night, and the kids still believe in the 'door slammer'... :D )

I can't be too sure but I think our son had all of those in his Pokemon collection - along with Speed Slug, Slime Dropper and Nematurd. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't recall ever telling our kids about Santa but somebody must have done because a mince pie and glass of sherry appeared in the hearth one Christmas Eve and I was ordered to consume both. Needless to say, I didn't object! :D :D :D

In due course the questions arrived. "How does Santa get down our chimney?" and "How does he get round all the houses in one night?" The answer is obvious: Santa has moved with the times. These days he has a starship, cunningly cloaked so as to appear like a flying sleigh from below. And he doesn't have to climb down chimneys anymore; he beams in. Better than that, his transporter has been modified from cut-and-paste to copy-and-paste so that he can beam into many millions of houses in rapid succession. :cool: :cool: :cool: Presents are made in the ships replicators and added to the matter streams as he goes. It's a precision operation that works with a remarkable degree of accuracy most of the time - although mistakes can happen so if anybody gets a present they didn't want and can't use, blame it on the computer. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The hardest part comes when all those copies of Santa have to be beamed back up and reassembled into a unified whole. The poor man has so many memories crammed into his head that he needs a whole year off to recover.

PS: Our daughter was smart for her age. In fact she was sixteen when she was three (don't ask, you really don't want to know) so she worked Santa out quite early on. The strange thing was though that she continued to believe in the Tooth Fairy for at least another year. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Could I have a small portion of what you're on.... :D

Sponsored Links
Back