Tesco. Worst results for forty years

Sponsored Links
I got tired of being taken for a mug by Tesco. All those deceptive pricing stickers trying to make you think an item is on special offer :mad: , or the special offer prices that expired days ago they just didnt take the sticker off :evil:

These days I tend to shop at Sainsburys more - quality is better prices are clearer and tbh I'm not seeing an appreciable difference in the bill.
I did shop at Tesco last night - but only because I had a spend £40 get £6 off voucher. Even then I managed to buy a pack of pies that were somehow not pies when it came to the money off voucher applying.

Sponsored Links
I had that on Saturday.

Coupon for 65p. off P.G.Tips fresh, rich, strong or mellow teabag pack.

Doesn't count for pyramid 'ordinary' ones.

Apparently they are not fresh, rich, strong, nor mellow.

I got tired of being taken for a mug by Tesco. All those deceptive pricing stickers trying to make you think an item is on special offer :mad: ,

Obviously, supermarkets are 'er indoors territory - we have an agreement; I won't impose the ordeal of making her have to visit the pub with me three times a week, and she excuses me from shopping trips.

However, occasionally, when she hasn't stocked up on sufficient quantities of my favourite ales for those nights in, I have to venture into the Asda beer aisle.

Even on these rare trips, and bearing in mind my very limited experience of 'retail-therapy', I can see the supermarkets' sleight of hand for myself. One example was when I went in several times over a few weeks to buy a 4 pack of Speckled Hen on each occasion. Each visit, a coloured sticker stated that this beer has been 'rolled back' by £1.

On a subsequent trip to buy the same beer, I noticed that the Bombardier 4 packs right next to the Speckled Hen on the same shelf were now 'rolled back' by £1. Unfortunately, the Hen had now been rolled forward by £1. Strangely, there was no mention of this fact. :rolleyes:

Asda have "rolled back" the price of a pack of four Mach 3 blades to £7.50. They didn't roll them back very far because only a couple of years ago they were £3.69. :rolleyes:

Yes, meaningless. But obviously it works and a lot of people won't buy anything now unless it 'appears' to be reduced or on offer.

It's the DFS affect.

Obviously, supermarkets are 'er indoors territory - we have an agreement; I won't impose the ordeal of making her have to visit the pub with me three times a week, and she excuses me from shopping trips.

You're very lucky. My first wife insists that I accompany her on our weekly shop (usually Morrisons).

On the positive side, though, whilst she is spending the first half-hour examining fruit and vegetables in minute detail (a sort of a hobby of hers) I get to choose some bottles of beer and the occasional bottle of single malt.

They have quite a selection of different beers at three bottles for £5, and there is usually a bottle of malt for under £30.

I'm convinced now that Squarky is a girl, based on this post and the football related post earlier.

I'm convinced now that Squarky is a girl, based on this post and the football related post earlier.

The thing is, I'm not sure if you are M or F. You claim to be male but due to the fact that you keep bringing up the same subject suggests that you are, infact, a girl. :LOL:

a lot of people won't buy anything now unless it 'appears' to be reduced or on offer.
1969, a Fine Fare supermarket had tins all neatly lined up on a shelf, the same tins were also piled haphazardly into a bin in the centre of the aisle a few feet from those on the shelf.

The tins in the bin were a few pence more expensive than the ones on the shelf.

The more expensive tins sold faster than the cheaper ones on the shelf.

( before bar coding so each tin had its own sticky price label )

I have to say I'm getting a bit fed up with Tesco.

I usually go to our local mini-Tesco if I need something in between our weekly shop but just lately there has only been one young lad on duty, and he's usually stacking shelves. They have a couple of self sevice machines, but these invariably go wrong.

So now I walk a few yards further over the road to the Co-op, where there are more staff and shorter queues.

You're very lucky. My first wife insists that I accompany her on our weekly shop (usually Morrisons).

On the positive side, though, whilst she is spending the first half-hour examining fruit and vegetables in minute detail (a sort of a hobby of hers) I get to choose some bottles of beer and the occasional bottle of single malt.

They have quite a selection of different beers at three bottles for £5, and there is usually a bottle of malt for under £30.

The secret of a long and happy marriage is to spend as little time together as possible. Anyway, if I went shopping with her, I'm sure the trolley would soon be loaded with unwise purchases.

Best to let her have quality time on her own at Asda. :LOL:

a lot of people won't buy anything now unless it 'appears' to be reduced or on offer.
1969, a Fine Fare supermarket had tins all neatly lined up on a shelf, the same tins were also piled haphazardly into a bin in the centre of the aisle a few feet from those on the shelf.

The tins in the bin were a few pence more expensive than the ones on the shelf.

The more expensive tins sold faster than the cheaper ones on the shelf.

( before bar coding so each tin had its own sticky price label )

Don't doubt it. To the marketing men we're just sheep that need to be fleeced.

Sponsored Links
Back