Unemployment

C

collisioni

Yesterday it was claimed that employment was at it highest level ever. Obvious when the pop increases. Unemployment is down to 2.12m. Good news you would think. However, the strength of the pound, now at 78.92p to 1 euro is making exports even harder. The ONS has had to revise it's figures, as predicted export rises for Apr and May showed deficits instead. What I want to know is, if people havn't got money to spend and exports have no chance of improving, What jobs have been created for a fall in unemployment to occur ? coz it certainly isn't in manufacturing. Further, Our strong currency has the double whammy of a currency conversion sting, not good when our biggest trading partner is Euroland

Sponsored Links
3 people are now employed for the same job, be it only 3 hrs or so a day.
This zero hrs crap I guess

its all smoke and mirrors

17 and 18 year olds don't count as they cannot claim unemployment benefit
anyone under a provider is not classified as unemployed even though they will often be doing little more than looking for work with a little bit off training thrown in over the 2 years they are with the provider
as said by diyisfun no hours contracts or short hours makes one job turn into several

until work pays a living wage most jobs part time and full time will be susidized by benefits so next time you see a big company making big profits and shipping them abroad just think we may be subsidizing them

remember they lump training regarless off how tedious of say 1 or 2 hours a month and you off the unemployment records

Sponsored Links
Working at a property today and this bloke in his fifties next door has been claiming welfare for the last 12 years.
Wife left him about 10 years ago and the house was just recently valued and he able to pay her £80k in a court settlement without putting the property up for sale.
He received legal aid for all the proceedings.

He runs a car repair business at said property. Customers pay him cash.
The garage has the doors closed but you hear dudes working inside. About 10 cars sitting outside.
He siphons fuel from these vehicles also at his customers expense.

I think the client we are working for is going to report him soon as they don't exactly see eye to eye.

I did ask a question that as yet hasn't been touched. What kind of jobs ?

More likely no new jobs created. Just IDS has flushed out thousands of dole bludgers.

What ever the unemployed number is you can probably subtract at least 500,000 to find out the "genuinely unemployed" number.

the question remains unanswered. I would have thought that with all the clever members one could give the required definitive reply. Why is it that the opposition don't quiz the gov on this, when it is blinding ? It has been shown over the years in parliament , in a matter of national crisis all the parties join. Why ? I thought they were supposed to be different, sure only when it assisted in muddling the voters. Democracy, you believe that ?

the question remains unanswered. I would have thought that with all the clever members one could give the required definitive reply. Why is it that the opposition don't quiz the gov on this, when it is blinding ? It has been shown over the years in parliament , in a matter of national crisis all the parties join. Why ? I thought they were supposed to be different, sure only when it assisted in muddling the voters. Democracy, you believe that ?

Because the opposition work on the premise they'll be in power one day and presumably don't want to be responsible for a perceived huge hike in unemployment figures if they decide to un-massage the figures (same goes for the encumbant govt)

Re: Benefits.
Georgie boy said http://tinyurl.com/cafunj3 on November 28, 2011 :-
... As chairman of Northern Rock, Matt Ridley oversaw the first run on a British bank since 1878, and helped precipitate the economic crisis which has impoverished so many. This champion of free market economics and his family received £205,000 from the taxpayer last year for owning their appropriately-named Blagdon Estate(7). That falls a little shy of the public beneficence extended to Prince Bandar, the Saudi Arabian fixer at the centre of the Al-Yamamah corruption scandal. In 2007 the Guardian discovered that he had received a payment of up to £1bn from the weapons manufacturer BAE(8). He used his hard-earned wealth to buy the Glympton Estate in Oxfordshire(9). For this public service we pay him £270,000 a year(10). Much obliged to you guv’nor, I’m sure... CAP that then !!

Them Vikings is at us too...!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/editors-choice/9263685/The-new-viking-invasion.html

...“This idea of wealthy people accumulating large entitlements to receive income support from the state is rather uncomfortable,” says Jack Thurston, a campaigner for greater EU openness, and co-founder of farmsubsidy.org...

Good luck to the 50 y/old guy I bet he isn't living any life of Riley on the sort of benefits he could/can claim.

:D :D Everybody's doin' it. doin' it - screwin' it !!

-0-

Good heavens, does anyone still believe a word that any politician says any more (except for UKIP, of course)? All they are interested in is how many votes they can obtain in the next general election, and appear to have no interest in the long-term future of the country.

Witness the recent politically-driven cabinet reshuffle, and Millibrain's assurance that they will give everybody lots of money (borrow, borrow, borrow - spend, spend, spend) if they get in next year.

Milliband is a tw@t - as is anyone who believes a single thing that emanates from any of his holes..........

Sponsored Links
Back