Variations on a theme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone on here of a literary/artistic/theatrical bent? The reason I ask is that an actor friend of mine once told me that most plays tend to be based on themes which are variations of a very small number of original stories.

Another friend of mine told me that acting itself was largely set up as a way of sharing common stories and fables (often of religious orientation) via travelling groups who used to re-enact and recite stories that had been passed down to them.

Makes sense really, especially the nature of "Chinese whispers" adding flesh to the bone of what was once probably a very arcane occurrence or idea. It would also explain the huge length of some religious tomes as additions have been included to "add light to" what is a pretty basic concept really.

Sponsored Links
Could be Dex, most films, plays are either a good old fashioned love story, A tragedy, comedy or a tale of good v evil. Or sometimes some of these combined. (for instance Titanic,, a tragedy combined with a love story, combined with good v evil (evil boyfriend tries to kill both lovers whilst the ship sinks. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back