Yet more islamic peadophillia . . .

I'm just thinking that you are a troll

I am not a troll and have never claimed to be one on this forum.

I just believe now that you are so entrenched in your viewpoint, that if I told you white was white and black was black that you would argue the toss rather agree.

Well, that is the kind of thing a troll would do, but I am not a troll.

The UK has less bargaining power standing alone than as part of a larger organisation

So let me get this straight.

You think we would have less bargaining power, with a body that exports goods to us, than we would as part of them, what exactly is it you think we wouldn't be able to agree on, that we MUST be in the EU to achieve, bearing in mind EFTA and WTO membership?

I have used examples of German cars and French nuclear power - as examples, but more generallistically I am saying that the UK has lost its own ability to produce things in many industries and thus we are reliant on imports.

Yes, and somehow you seem to suggest the EU countries won't want to sell us these goods as a non EU member.

Riiiiiiiight.......

You conveniently forget the rebate the UK has

You mean the rebate I specifically commented on in another post.

Funny how I forgot to forget it.

plus all of the EU funding that UK projects recieve.

Why, how generous of them to give us back some of our own money, THANK YOU EU!!

EDIT: Also who is to say we want these projects funded, they could essentially be forcing us to pay for projects we deem unnecessary or unwanted.

but it not like we just pay in and don't get anything back as you are indicating.

Where did I indicate that?

Horse meat and breast plants were not created under EU legislation. They broke EU legislation

Didn't read those links did you.

The EU legislation is faulty, and the way it is enforced makes it more open to abuse.

But of course, if you had read those links, or done further research, you would know that.

Errrr a minor difference is that Sweden are a member of the EU and not the EFTA. As such they are subject to the same migration rules as the UK. They may well choose to implemently differently, but they are still bound by the same laws.

The Swedish safeguards are through a EFTA agreement.

We are not a member of the EFTA, Sweden and 3 other countries are.

YOUR point was that we would still have to allow unimpeded immigration through the EFTA, which is clearly false.

Like in all other things, you are wrong.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, and somehow you seem to suggest the EU countries won't want to sell us these goods as a non EU member.

Riiiiiiiight.......

Seriously you are a troll.

I have said ALL along that we will still be forced to IMPORT from the EU. You are suggesting I have said the opposite.

The point is our EXPORTS to the EU will be inhibitied.

The EU legislation is faulty, and the way it is enforced makes it more open to abuse.

All laws are open to abuse if criminals chose to do so. The fact is that EU laws did not cause the problem - people did bad things (like sold horse meat as beef) and broke the law.

It happened because people set out to do it, not because of the law.

The Swedish safeguards are through a EFTA agreement.

We are not a member of the EFTA, Sweden and 3 other countries are.

YOUR point was that we would still have to allow unimpeded immigration through the EFTA, which is clearly false.

Like in all other things, you are wrong.

http://www.efta.int/about-efta/the-efta-states.aspx

Seriously - EFTA mebers are listed in the link above - there are 4.

Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. Sweden is not one of them.

They even have pretty flags and pictures of these coutries for you to check. Take 5 seconds to click on the link and then come back again and tell me that Sweden is a member of EFTA?

Either you will do that and admit that you are the one that is wrong, or you just confirm that you are a troll.

Does this guy know what he's talking about?
Does he Know more than us?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/07/lord-lawson-uk-better-outside-eu[/QUOTE]

Yes he certainly has more experience than me - but that doesn't mean I have to agree with his view.

The arguements of Lord Lawson can be counter-balanced with another article from the same source - from the very people who are supposed to be against the EU.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun/10/britain-stay-europe-eurosceptic-thinktank-report

Regarding bureaucracy, red tape for firms etc. I agree it is out of control. I have never said the EU is perfect. Far from it, some aspects are terrible. However on balance the benefits outweigh the drawbacks in my opinion.

Just because some aspects are bad, or need changing, it doesn't mean the default should be to bail on the EU altogether.

The UK should try and play a prominate role in shaping the EU into a more suitable entity in the future - not just get out.

JCB diggers.
And the UK is still the world's sixth largest producer of manufactured goods.

Yep, we're also pretty good at music, military equipment and wiskey but those things alone won't sustain our economy.

And of all the things we manufacture for export, half of them go to the EU. Something that may not happen so easily or cheaply if we do not make up part of the free trade block - thus hindering the UK's ability to compete.

Switzerland seems to be doing alright. A European country that isn't in the EU.
Are you telling me that the EU would seriously impose such duties on UK goods if we were to leave? The UK could retaliate by only buying Chinese tat and Taiwanese stuff. The truth is the EU deal with almost every country in the world (even though the vast majority of these countries are not in the EU)

Swizterland is a massive tax haven and thus benefits from it's financial sector where other countries/individuals deposit funds into their country. Also Swizterland is part of the EFTA and thus has to contriubte to the EU budget and abide by many EU laws without any of the benefits of EU membership (a share of the eu grants, a say on EU laws, etc).

Yes the potential is that the EU could impose such duties as a retaliatory measure for the UK snubbing the EU. Don't you think the French would like nothing more than to do that?

Yes would could just by goods from China, Taiwan etc but that won't help our trading deficit as China, Taiwan etc certainly won't step in and buy all those UK exports that otherwise would have gone to the EU.

Uk manufacturing is a very small part of the UK economy. The uk economy does not rely on goods we export we are a net importer.

No, manufacturing is still a large part of the economy. Yes we are a net importer, and that is a massive problem because unless you are net neutral over time the wealth of the nation is eroded.

In reality the EU NEED us as a consumer now more than ever. They would NOT bite the hand that is feeding them right now.

I don't disagree that the EU needs us as consumers. They also need us to give a balanced political view across Europe.

However, and the point that most people here don't seem to comprehend is that the UK does not have any essential or unique export items which means that EU can choose to switch their suppliers from the UK to anywhere else in the world to continue supplies and screw-over the UK.

Meanwhile, the UK will still need to buy cars, trains, planes, powertools, powerstations, food, etc etc which are all now supplied by EU member states as we don't have the ability to make these things in the UK anymore.

If We left the EU and lets for arguments say .. If the EU decided to add duty to UK goods making them uncompetetive. We would similarly add duty to EU goods. This would make EU goods expensive to us. The result would then be that for example british consumers would start buying home made cheese instead of imported cheese.
There are many domestic industries and businesses that would benefit greatly from this effect.

If instead of importing things from abroad we made them for our own consumer market that would be of huge benefit to our balance of payments. Manufacturing is the highest wealth creating business and we have run it down instead passing all the profits to foreigners.

A resurgence of British Manufacturing would be the absolute healthiest thing that could happen to our economy.

That's a lovely concept but you're living in la la land if you think its going to happen.

Are you suddenly going to re-invent the UK car manufacturing industry overnight? No. It would take huge investments in factories, machainery, training, support services - all at a time when the country is broke! It will never happen.

That means we could slap any duties we like on cars from the EU, but you and I as consumers still need a vehicle, so we as consumers end up still buying that VW Golf at a much higher cost as we now have an import duty added to the price.

The exact same thing could be said about the majority of 'heavy' industry where real money is made. Of course there will be some areas that would benefit from a boost in UK demand, such as food, but that won't sustain the economy.

EU membership is not a prerequisite for access to the Single Market. Switzerland and Norway which are outside of the EU, export more in relation to their GDPs and per capita than the UK does.

Furthermore, both China and the USA each export more to the EU than the UK does and without having their economies burdened by costly EU regulation.
It is the Redtape imposed on the small businesses that is inhibiting our growth Without the shackles of the EU, Britain can make its on way in trading with the rest of the world.
We can leave the EU and still remain in EFTA which is a lot less expensive than being in the EU. A voice at the table is no longer relevant as it is by majority vote. The way forward for the UK is trading with the rest of the world and free from the Federal State of Europe and its Laws.

The UK should try and play a prominate role in shaping the EU into a more suitable entity in the future - not just get out.

Rgardless of referendums, politicians forcing the UK to stay, etc it will all break up eventually and the fall out will be a lot worse than if we make the move now and get out.

8 billion has been sent to Ireland and the greeks to bail them out.
How long before the cartel arrive cap in hand to a broke nation for another 10 billion or so burdening future generations for decades.
It will all end in tears..

So you're happy regarding the fraud costs the EU up to £10billion a year therefore corrupt EU staff are protected, the Labour Government also handed over England oil and gold over to the EU worth over £290 billion. They also wants to ban parties which are against the EU. They are corrupted bullies. Have you noticed we are now paying more for foods because of the EU policies. From Oct 2012 the UK taxpayers will now have to fork out an extra $2.2 billion annually for the next seven years to pay for the doubling of pensions for Brussels’ officials. I think that's enough for now :mad:

Dont listen to the inexperienced kingandy2nd , he is following current govspeak so by default cannot possibly be right.
The EU have yet to have their yearly accounts ratified EVER which is a good enough reason why we should jump ship now.
The economic arguments he puts forward do not bear scrutiny and he believes a government sponsored think tank... the mind boggles at this chaps naivety.

Jumping out of the EU to be honest we wont believe our luck and the benefits we will reap in employment laws alone.

Setting our own agenda will give us a huge advantage over the beurocracy bound eu countries. Even with import duty our goods will still work out cheaper when we arent giving fathers equal maternity rights etc etc.
But hey why think things through when you can simply swallow govt propaganda.

The EU structure is simply a snout in the trough environment which is why all MPs who have any ideas of becoming an MEP as the next step of their career ladder will vote time and time again for the EU.

Dont listen to the inexperienced kingandy2nd , he is following current govspeak so by default cannot possibly be right.

The EU structure is simply a snout in the trough environment which is why all MPs who have any ideas of becoming an MEP as the next step of their career ladder will vote time and time again for the EU.

You've hit the nail on the head.

Call Me Dave wants to remain in the EU.
The Limp Dems want to remain in the EU.
New Improved Labour want to remain in the EU.

None of whom I trust to speak an honest word.

Ergo, we should definitely leave right now. There's no need to discuss the whys and wherefores, the above is evidence enough.

Yawn. This is really going round in circles now.

All the serious political parties wish to stay in the EU because the have done detailed reviews using experts in economics and other fields, and have formed a balanced view that despite all the faults of the EU that the benefits of membership outweigh the disadvantages.

Why else would they stick with that party line that they know its a vote loser?

Mickey mouse political parties are playing on people's concerns about immigration and are calling for an exit from the EU. Whether that be the BNP or UKIP.

Many people suggest that the UK can exit the EU and rejoin EFTA (like Norway & Switzerland) and thus renmain in a European free trade zone. Yes they could, but the EFTA still guarantees the freedom of movement throughout the EEA.

http://www.efta.int/eea/policy-areas/persons.aspx

Therefore if you want to stop migration to the EU, but still want free trade then the EFTA would not be appropriate because you still have to allow migrants in and out of the UK freely.

I appricate that people have strong views on the subect which are different to my own. That's fine, nothing i can say here will change that view.

However, take 30 seconds to read the link above and maybe you might learn something so that next time you're chatting with your family or mates and they suggest the UK 'could just be in the free trade area like Switzerland and Norway' you will have a helpful bit of info to add to that discussion 'well actually Switzerland and Norway have to let those bloody Roma gipsys into their countries too'.

Best of luck.

So would you be happy to let another million or two Roma in then?

Andy (who would be king) I think ye should read yer own links a bit more thoroughly.
all the EU Member States and three EEA EFTA States – Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
No mention whatsoever of Switzerland having to allow anyone to come and live in their country.
well actually Switzerland and Norway have to let those bloody Roma gipsys into their countries too'
Your own words.

Interesting article in today's express
Apparently half of our exports go to outside of the EU now anyway!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/40...r-trade-with-rest-of-the-world-is-now-booming

Good news indeed and no doubt not being in the euro is a big bonus here.

The europhiles and many of the politicians from the three main parties studied the reviews from experts in economics and other fields and wanted the pound scrapped.

And still we are fed the europhile propaganda from our own leaders who we are supposed to believe are acting in the best interests of this country!

Sponsored Links
Back