Bathroom Project Bathroom floor repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom floor is very noisy when walked on in the new year ill be replacing my bathroom to update it and include a P bath and install a shower. ill also be changing the limanate tiles on the floor so while i was here i wanted to find out how i can make the floor nice and quite. Any help would be greatful thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What sort of floor covering are you looking at? And in what way is the floor noisy - creaking or echoing?

What sort of floor covering are you looking at? And in what way is the floor noisy - creaking or echoing?

Its a creaking floor board sound when walking around. I was thinking that i would be replacing the vynal tiles as i dont like the design so while im there is there anything i could do to prevent the creaking

Screwing the floorboards down would help but you need to take special care in a bathroom. If you're lucky, any pipework will have been laid centrally under boards which means that you can add more screws close to the edge of them. In reality, it has been know for some hamfisted berk not to have kept to this ideal and so you'll probably be wise to lift a few boards to check.

Depending on what floor covering you intent to lay, screwing a 3 or 4 mm sheet of ply down with short screws every 6 to 8 inches will provide a lovely surface to lay decent sheet vinyl.

Not sure how well tooled up you are, but a decent battery drill/screwdriver is a worthwhile investment (Screwfix and even BQ do some good ones for under £100)

Screwing the floorboards down would help but you need to take special care in a bathroom. If you're lucky, any pipework will have been laid centrally under boards which means that you can add more screws close to the edge of them. In reality, it has been know for some hamfisted berk not to have kept to this ideal and so you'll probably be wise to lift a few boards to check.

Depending on what floor covering you intent to lay, screwing a 3 or 4 mm sheet of ply down with short screws every 6 to 8 inches will provide a lovely surface to lay decent sheet vinyl.

Not sure how well tooled up you are, but a decent battery drill/screwdriver is a worthwhile investment (Screwfix and even BQ do some good ones for under £100)

thanks for your advice i have a good drill and the average DIY tools but lack the knowledge lol im a first time buyer lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back