Carpet Grippers - No Nails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a chap in soundproofing our bedroom.

As part of this, he's installed a new floor using asbestolux boards in addition to rockwool and the existing floor boards.

We now want to get a carpet laid, and need the carpet grippers laid to do this.

However, we don't want to use nails (working on the basis that sound is like water - any hole and it'll get through, therefore we do not want to "puncture" the floor with a nail).

What else could we use to "stick" the grippers to the floor, and would this actually work and stop them from coming loose?

Sponsored Links
There are all sorts of glues that would suit, but why second guess it? Why not leave it up to the fitters, that way if there is any problem you will have some redress.

Sponsored Links
A few nails will have no effect on the sound.
Carpet fitters use hot glue gun on concrete etc as it sets in 30 secs.

I was doing similar jobs recently with some fitters.

If you dont have a hot glue gun, there are adhesives available but according to the fitter most No-More-Nails and similar adhesives aren't up to the job. He had some stuff that was made specifically for glueing grippers down - unfortunately I can't remember the name of it.

I was doing similar jobs recently with some fitters.

If you dont have a hot glue gun, there are adhesives available but according to the fitter most No-More-Nails and similar adhesives aren't up to the job. He had some stuff that was made specifically for glueing grippers down - unfortunately I can't remember the name of it.

Thanks for all the replies.

Am going to use Sta-Stuck from www.soundservice.co.uk - this appears to do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back