Filling in a hole to be re-drilled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm put up a kitchen wall unit next to a full height unit. I've made a bit of a mistake because I forgot to put the cover panel on the side of the full height unit (15mm thick).

This means I've had to take down the wall unit, and will need to put it back up again 15mm to the left of where it is currently. The wall unit is held to the wall with two screws in the top corners. so the old holes and the new holes are too close together for comfort. I put it up and the plug in the new hole is very loose. Is there anything I can do to fill in the holes I've drilled and then re-drill them so the plug is secure?

Thanks

David

Sponsored Links
What type of wall is it you are fixing to?
(ie: plasterboard stud, plasterboard dot'n'dab, rendered/plaster solid brick/block/stone)
Ideally would fill in with plaster or fillier but this could still mean that you have an plug that is not biting well, which would be a concern.
I personally would consider, relocating the holes in wall unit if possible (drill out new holes, even maybe adding an extra one) and getting a good sound secure fit.

Never used the product linked, so can't really offer a valid opinion, just note the weight restriction!
A resin anchor would offer better support.

Sponsored Links
Look out for Hanging Rail

It is like the little two-inch brackets that come with cab hangers, but in two or three metre lengths. That means you can drill the screwholes wherever you want, and never have to put them into a weak or crumbly bit of wall. It also means that you can easily lift down your cabs and reposition them at whim.

You will have to cut a small notch out of the back edge of the cab. If visible, you can pain the rail to match the wall, but it is high up and out of eyeline.

Thanks all. That product I linked to was no good due to weight limit - thanks for pointing that out! I've gone for a resin anchor - wish me luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back