Glue Granite to Granite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently bought a granite garden table and benches and the granite benches are basically 3 pieces, two rectangular blocks for the legs and a larger piece that just sits ontop and is not secured.

http://www.gardenstatueshop.co.uk/round-garden-suite-(granite-table-and-benches)-p6042

To give the benches more security, I'd like to use adhesive to glue to legs to the top. Can anybody recommend anything suitable?

Thansk, Nick

Sponsored Links
You could use a Polyester Anchor Resin or even rapid set tile adhesive exterior quality..
Cementing legs to stable base is advisable.

Araldite epoxy resin is about as good as it gets, but naturally enough there will be teriffic leverage on the seats if they are rocked.....
John :)

Sponsored Links
Probably a moot point, but if say some children were sitting on the seat, and pushed it back with their feet against the table, the seat base could slide, maybe tip over.....just a thought!
I would have thought that the seat base would have some sort of dowel fixing to the leg, just to make it that little more secure.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back